5/6/11

Momma's week, card challenge & stuff

My goodness...can't believe how time flies.

I have been stalking some big time fun craft blogs and have been enjoying all the many creative ideas people have which I've been implementing in some of my card creations. One of those such blogs is The Paper Player. Every week they post up a different challenge with a different theme for anyone to try out and link up to their site. I've been wanting to try my hands at their challenge but it seemed like something always got in the way. Well, it just so happen that this week, I happen to have a card that I created for my card group swap last month and what do you know, it fits into this week's theme, which is Birds, Bees, Flowers, & Trees, so I've decided to enter my card in that challenge.

Here's my card for this week's challenge. This is a Black Magic technique card...a technique I learned on Splitcoaststampers. If any one's interested in how to try this technique out, go here. Totally appropriate card for this occasion, don't you think?

Speaking of which, I made a really cute gift for my mother-in-law. Well, it's kind of a belated Christmas, belated birthday and Mother's Day gift all roll into one. I think I've mentioned before how my MIL loves getting pictures from our family, all she ever asked since we live so far away from her. But instead of just mailing pictures off to her, I always try to find ways to make the pictures a little more creative and so I've been wracking my brains out for how to present our latest family pictures when I saw this tutorial done on Dawn's blog.

This is an Envelope album..all made from card stock, background papers, simply scrapping kits from SU and then some. Cute uh? The next images are what the album looks like once it's opened. I know my MIL will totally flip over this gift of hers.








I used vellum envelopes(five total for five tag pages)for this album. I had so much fun making this album and totally loved it, I almost don't want to give it away.


~~sighs~~




I'll probably make another one for keeps with just the pictures of the kids. Cool thing about this gift is I will actually be able to hand this gift to my MIL in person so I get to see the look on her face when she receives it..she'll be here in a couple of week for my daughter's graduation.



Anyways, in light of Mother's Day coming up, I've been kinda treating myself a bit over the week. Yep, I've actually gone online shopping crazy and ordered a bunch of little fun treats for myself..well, most of the stuff I got are for the family, but still...One of the things I got for myself is this book below...it was written by one of the bloggers I stalk(eheh) and boy is this a wonderful treat. I've already finished reading it and will be writing up a review for it later on.


And I also got myself a new hair cut/do. It was actually a highlight of my day after getting my hair cut to see my kids come home from school, the looks on each of their faces. Unfortunately, I didn't do a before pic..so here's what me in my new do.






(Picture is a little blurry..oh well.)
I think this is the shortest I've had my hair. I just love it so much I couldn't stop feeling it. It's like I've had a ton of weight lifted off my head, it's so light now. And I love that I don't ever have to worry about running a brush or comb through it...no tangles to worry about.


To that end, I wish all you moms, moms to be, grandmas, aunties a wonderful Mother's Day. If anyone deserve to be pampered more is you all you absolutely wonderful moms!! Love and God bless!!

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the designer paper with the stitching. The ribbon works perfectly with the black magic image! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players. I am glad you could join us this week!

The Songer said...

Love the new do!

And the envelope album is very cute!

Happy belated Mother's day!

ali said...

This is good website you should check once you will enjoy watching this website its a religious website bhaKti Bhajan
Religion Bhajan
REligion Country

Play Bazaar said...


Use the Easy Tweet Embed program to create links for readers to tweet the content of your posts to their followers. It does the work of creating the tweet content for you, so you don't have to manually create it every time you Satta King Play Bazaar draft a post, saving you a ton of time.

Play Bazaar said...

If you do not have time in the day to maintain a Facebook page, you should get someone else to do it. People will notice if your messages become to brief and start to lack substance. It is perfectly acceptable to have someone else run the page while you work on other aspects of the business. Play Bazaar Techniques To Help You Market Through Facebook Satta King

Prince said...

When you want more people to Like your page, offer them something they can't get unless they click that Like button. One easy way to do this is by running a contest which only those who Like your page can enter. You could also offer a free ebook in return for a Like. Play Bazaar All You Need To Know About Facebook Marketing Satta King