Ok folks....I got a major/serious problem. Yes, you heard me, I have a problem. I have this totally awful habit of immersing myself in new obsessions that I tend to neglect everything else..for example my children.
These last couple of weeks, all I did was camp out on my computer. There are so many distractions on the computer that makes me practically spent all day, everyday for the last couple of weeks doing. What are these distractions? Well, for one, blogging. Not that I'm posting everyday or commenting on other bloggers' post but mainly reading. I was reading blog after blog and when I wasn't reading, I was playing games. One game I am totally addicted to right now is "Express"...it's one of those games that doesn't do anything for the mind but it does have speed factor, finishing a task before the time ends so that's what got me occupied most of the time when I wasn't reading blogs. Hubby saw me playing the game all the time and asked me one day if I was getting anything out of playing the same game over and over and I told him "no". He asked why play it then and I told him "just because". So you see, there's absolutely no useful reason for the game yet I can't seem to stay away from it.
So these past weeks, I get up in the morning, get my kids ready for school and sent them off to school with their dad. Fed my two year old, turned on her favorite shows and then planted myself in front of the computer. First I just told myself I will just check my email and respond to whatever needed responding. Then when that's done, I tell myself I will check my blog roll and see what the other bloggers have posted...so of course, since they have new posts, I just had to check them out. And hey, I've made it to their blog, they can clearly see me on their detector, so it would be rude of me not to leave a comment. So then when I am done with that, I'm thinking, hey I'll just play a little game and then get off....and before you know it, the whole morning is gone.
I get off and do a real quick pick-up around the house...not even sufficient to call that house cleaning but to me it would have to do for the time being. After I pick up the kids at school, I give them an hour or so to do their homework and off I go again..back to the computer. Kids are coming in and out of my room asking me what they can snack on. Can they eat so & so in the fridge or the pantry?...I give them a nay or yay answer and go right back to staring at the computer. Seriously, the poor kids are having to fend for themselves everyday because mom is not doing her duty. I am surprise I actually take a little time out to make dinner for them.
So, do you agree that I have a major problem? If there is such a thing as an award for the Worse Mother of the Year, I will be the big time WINNER!! I would probably be wearing that title every year...don't you think?

~~~~~~sighs~~~~~~Yep, this is my NPSA confession for this week. I know most of you are disappointed in me but oh well!!
But I pinkie promise, I will remedy this problem of mine this week. I pinkie swear that I will start making a goal to limit my computer usage time and will only use my computer time wisely and spend it on more important stuff like blogging and that's it. If I promise to do that, will you stop looking at me like that? After all, I did confess my neglectful attitude already. If you give a poor girl a break this time, I will pinkie promise to come back next week and dazzle you with my mommy hood skillz....LOL.
Anyways, thank you for listening or reading, I feel like a whole load is lifted off my shoulder. Have a great Aloha Friday....on me!! LOL











4 comments:
I too have that syndrome. You are not alone. The computer/internet has become a total time sucker. I'll just sit down for a "minute" and an hour has passed. I hear ya sister!
right now, the majority of my computer time occurs while nursing the baby(like now!) so I know I'm going to have serious withdrawal issues once the baby weans LOL
why does something like computers and thr internet allow us to do so much good (knowledge at our fingertips, communication with family and friends, support, research, etc) and at thr same time can be so evil and destructive.
I think we have to do as you suggest, limit ourselves to useful computer activities...maybe computer time needs to be added to the word of wisdom :)
hmmmm....that's all i did today....I'm getting over a migraine. I think you are normal!
Hugs Honey!
You aren't alone and I think all of us Mommy Bloggers have been guilty of this at one time or another!!!
Here's a very easy fix: set your kitchen timer. When it goes off, you're done. PERIOD! You will find yourself being more efficient and won't get lost in time. Try it!
Post a Comment