In fact, the hotter the weather gets, the worse I get. I get irritated easily and was constantly snapping at somebody...sad I know. Well, I came to find out that I've been skipping out on my fluid intake...yes I did drink liquid but it wasn't as much as my body needed. See, I've been dehydrating myself...I wasn't drinking enough water.

Yes....WATER....it's actually a very very useful liquid. Do you know that water doesn't just quench our thirst but it also help a person lose weight? How cool is that? But aside from it being a weight loss instrument...there are other very useful ways water are beneficial to us. Here it is: read on.
WATER......
- Keeps us hydrated. During the hot summer days, your body needs to replenish itself with water so you will not become dehydrated. When this happens, you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you feel fatigued.
- Improves skin health. Water hydrates and irrigates impurities from the skin, keeping it healthy and glowing. Water is also the ultimate anti-aging product because it plumps up the skin and smooths out some facial wrinkles. Instead of spending money on expensive anti-aging products, let water do some of the work for you naturally and free!
- Regulates body temperature. Water helps regulate body temperature, especially during exercise. When you exercise, drinking water reduces cardiovascular stress and improves performance. And water reduces body temperature, making the exercise process safer and more effective.
- Prevents headaches. Although there are many causes of headaches, this is a common early symptom of dehydration. Drinking adequate amounts of water may alleviate recurring headaches. The next time you have a headache, consider skipping the pain pills, and try drinking a glass of water instead.
- Lubricating our internal organs and joints. Water keeps our organs and joints moist. This permits the passage of nutrients and wastes between the blood vessels and the rest of the body.
- Helps prevent kidney stones. Drinking water decreases your chance of getting kidney stones. A major waste product is blood urea nitrogen which is passed out of the body in urine. Drinking water helps dilute these salts so the kidneys can flush them out easily.
P.S. Our family is still gone on our camping trip.











7 comments:
I was a little thirsty BEFORE I read your post - now I need to go down a BIG glass of water!
I did a post on this very thing recently. I even committed to giving up my diet coke and replacing it with water. Yeah, that worked for about a week.
Water IS super important! Great post!!
And I hope you are enjoying your camping trip!
Hi girlfriend! I love this reminder. THANKS! I needed it.
Have fun camping. Are you at ward camp?
P.S. I heard you talking about sex yesterday. Eeek!
Thanks ladies for stopping by...I ♥ all your comments. I am back from camp and boy, do I need a 24 hr nap.
I wanna see more pretty cards!!!
I mostly like my water in the shape of little ice cubes, lots of them floating in my Code Red or Cherry Coke!
Sometimes I love water and drink a ton and other days I can hardly choke it down - weird!
Post a Comment