While I was still feeling sick, my little girl Kaitlin was sick also, her fever was constantly on a roller coaster ride. Along with that, she was vomitting all over the place and running in and out of our bathroom, she had diarrhea..poor thing. Just as we were getting better, both Joey and Daniel came down with the same thing. Three days after they got better, my hub came inherited everything else everyone has had for past week or so. Gosh, it felt like a never ending cycle. As I'm sitting here writing, my Kaitlin is coughing, she's moved on to coughing while my daughter Stephanie is in here room with the same thing we've had so far. She's been sick all weekend so she's been sleeping most of the time. Oh yeah, for some reason, the sore throat has affected the taste buds of anyone who has contracted it. I think I literally went on a four day fast during the time I had sore throat. I was literally shaking on the fourth day that I decided to make some chicken soup and slurp on the broth. It did the job.
There are still two members of our household who haven't gotten sick for far and I pray they don't get sick too. Seeing how misery seems to love company, they probably might come down with something over the weekend. My son Chris announced last night during FHE that this Friday he's taking a girl to the school dance so I cross my finger he doesn't get sick by then. It's so cute, it is going to be his first official date..awwww.
So yeah, that's what's been happening in our household right now. I'll be glad when everything gets back to normal again.
On a brighter note, being sick sometimes has its advantages. Being sick frees up a person from his/her usual chores or duties for the time being, yet said sick person can still enjoy or do something fun for a change. So that's what I did, I took advantages of my break and play with papers..our card group had our meet last week so I made some cards. I wasn't able to take picture of the card I made for our swap but I made a card for a challenge that I participate every week and had my daughter take picture of it. It's actually going to be my valentine's day card for my hub. So here it is:
I know, that's a lot of red. And it looks simple enough. I love this image..it's become my signature image when it comes to my hub and I. I like using this image when I make a card for my hub...when we were dating, we were poor poor students so most of our dates were either at the beach or ended at the beach.
The next image is the surprise part. Everyone who knows me, especially when it comes to card making, knows I love 3-D or pop up cards. I would say I am obsessed with pop-up card. The picture you see above, that was what the card looks like laid flat. If you look closely, you will see that there's a little indented area where you pull on it and once you pull it, viola!!
It pops up and stands on its own. And of course, there's a greeting that was revealed. I wish I can say that this is all my idea but no...some other very clever and creative person came up with the idea. Like I said, there's a challenge that I participate in each week...the coordinators come up with a technique, give us the instruction on it and then challenge us to create one. I don't usually do all of them. I usually like to tackle the 3-Ds or pop up ones and the complicated the technique the better...as far as I'm concerned.
So there you have it folks. Hope you all are having a good week and that you're all healthy.
God bless and ♥ always,










1 comment:
Great job on the card. Keep up the great job! You do amazing work. I know this is very late. I hope you will forgive me for not making comments on your posts until recently. I am and always have been very interested in what interests you. No excuses, just got busy with the rat race.
Post a Comment