I am preparing my lesson this morning for my Beehive class and it so happens the topic for this lesson is on DATING. Because of the age group of this class, I think this lesson is great one for them. There are a lot of outlines and great ideas on fun dating and this lesson mostly focuses on group activities. There are a lot of really neat quotes on here but I'm going to put this one that I like the most....
"My beloved young people, you should be serious-minded. Life is not wholly for fun and frolic. It is a most serious business. You will do well to grow up as children, associating with both girls and boys for those first years. When you get in the teenage years, your social associations should still be general acquaintance with both boys and girls. Any dating or pairing off in social contacts should be postponed until at least the age of 16 or older, and even then there should be be much judgment used in selections and in the seriousness.
"Young people should still limit the close contacts for several years, since the boy will be going on a mission when he's 19 years old. there should be limited contacts and certainly no approach to the intimate relationships involving sex. There must never be any sex of any kind prior to marriage." by President Spencer W. Kimball.
I am actually excited about his lesson because my daughter, Jen, just turned 16 last month. Since she's totally interested in boys, I think this lesson is just the thing for her.
Anyways, while I was preparing this lesson, I remembered a short essay I wrote in one my Religion class way back when I was at BYUH, when my oldest daughter was a baby at the time so I was able to attend some classes back then. I can't believe I actually saved that paper. The paper is entitled The Ten Commandments of Dating.
I know the image is kinda unclear so click on it to see it clearly. I will be taking to church with me today and show this to my class as part of the lesson today. As stated on the first paragraph, this is written for my children and their children, this is my view on the subject so I know some of you who read this might not agree but it's ok with me.Anyways, just thought I'd leave a little something for this beautiful Sabbath...hope all is well with you all. Take care and God bless!!

4 comments:
My kids have a had time with serious mindedness. They definitely think life is for fun and frolic. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was?
Anjeny
sometimes I read your blog and I think-- who is the world writes on her blog!?!? no insults? No... WHAT!?!?! when you answer a comment.... no jabs that English is our first language!?!?
You have a soft side!This young womens calling is showing me a new side to my BFF.
HEY- when are we going to start cooking together? I'm hungry!
luv ya
Swirl...ok, I have to really think about that comment. So totally didn't get it at first, but after reading it again, I finally got it. Yes, it's me writing on this blog...I just need you to comment more so I can insult you but you're keeping your distance..WHAT?!!! Don't want me to insult you virtually? LOL
And I'm starving, you're the one dragging your feet on this cooking deal. What is up with that? When are you going to shoo your quests away already so we start cooking and I can start jabbing at you about English being first language. I'm waiting to get another chance to send you to the store so you can buy the wrong item again....ahahahahahahah.
Lisa...my kids are the same way too, esp. my teenage boy, he thinks life is just one big fun and frolic...lol. Maybe he got that side from his dad...lol, so kidding on that one.
I'm sorry, but I'm laughing myself silly over your Trojan ad.
haha ahahahahahahahahh
Post a Comment