This year's May Day was simply to die for...the theme is "We are the world" and they had dances from Tahiti to Old and New America, to England to Italy and on to Africa. The preschool kids did Tahitian and it was one of my favorites...to see those little three year old shaking their booties like that. The Kindergartners did a kind of an opera from Italy...every year the Kindergarteners class always put on the cutest. This year however, all the grade class did a beautiful job. I'm just going to post some pictures to show what they look like..at least my kids.
The First Graders did a Native America dance...there's my son Danny.
The 2nd Graders did Bollywood..my son Joey is in the back, I gave up trying to capture him on this darn camera.
Sixth Graders did a number from Africa...my camera has definitely worn out its usefulness, see how blurry the image is? Every time I try to zoom in the camera always ended up shaking, not me, the camera so I gave up taking pictures. Luckily my hubby was video taping most of the show.
I ran into a couple of my friends outside the theater with their kids who were in the program so I took pictures of them. Missing from this photo are Swirl's kids.
The May Day program was in the morning and that evening was the Freshmen and Sophmore Banquet. My daughter Jen invited two of her friends over to our house after school to get ready for the banquet and I get to play hair and make-up artist. Ok, so not really a hair dresser, I just straightened Jen's hair out because she didn't like the way her hair look.
So here are some of the pictures after their very short hour of preparation. These two pictures are taken outside our house. Jen's friend's mom wanted photos taken since she wasn't able to help her daughter get ready.
Here are a couple more pictures taken at the school.
It was one hectic but exciting day. The kids had a great day...so did I.

6 comments:
such a cool tradition... how come we don't do anything for May Day here on the mainland? when I was a kid we'd take flowers around... but when my kids did it a few years ago nobody we delivered them to had even heard of that before! discouraged me right out of doing it again :)
Beautiful girls! We don't do any sort of May Day celebrations here. I do hear an awful lot about Cinco de mayo, though.
So awesome. Your daughter is beautiful. She looks confident, but not cocky!
I need to post my May Day photos sooooooooooooon.
Way cool!! I love the costumes! Cute, cute, cute!!
So, busy lady, first you did a fabulous job helping Jen get ready. She looks gorgeous!
Second, I got my card in the mail today. In your busy schedule when did you find time to do all of that? Loved it- TONS and I just wanted to say THANKS!
T..I think Hawaii celebrate more occasions than anywhere else, I think. And May Day here is really a big thing..really cool. I'm sorry to hear that your childhood tradition of delivering flowers are forgotten..that would be one thing I'd love to see done here. You should let your kids keep that tradition up, maybe after a while, people will catch on and start doing it too.
2busy..thank you for the compliment.
Crash...thanks. Jen almost couldn't go to the banquet, she was told the night before the banquet that she signed up after the deadline. Coach R was such a wonderful guy, he pulled some string and made it possible for her to go. I would imagine that's where the look of confidence come from..lol. Looking forward to see your way better quality May day pix.
Missty..I love the costumes too. They come in really handy during Halloween.
Julie..thank you..she does look fab uh? I am soo glad you got your card..I was hoping you'll get it before Mother's day. Having the Post Office that's located on the route of my kids' school route, stopping there to mail off the card was a zinch, esp since I already have the cards on hand. Enjoy your Mother's day.
Post a Comment