Anyways, I've been trying to be productive around my house to make it look like there is really an excuse for my looking busy when I'm actually not doing anything..LOL. Our card group is meeting again tonight and on top of that, we have Cub Scout pack meeting tonight also...I'm supposed to help my den come up with some talent for tonight. Let me tell you something, I am not that in the spotlight kinda talent person. I suck at dancing, singing, and just about anything that would have me up on the stage. Yes, we're talking stress here people. So, to get my mind off this stress that would've eventually put me in a psych ward, I decided to focus on the card night because let's face it, that is my best cure for stress.
Our Card exchange theme for this month is either Graduation or Wedding. So I camped out online looking for some very elegant, creative and beautiful technique and came upon a technique I just had to try. And what makes it even better was that I have all the supplies in my craft supplies. The next image is my card that I will be exchanging tonight...it's a wedding card, called a Double Pocket Card. (Click on that bold phrase if you want a tutorial of this card.)
There are two pockets on the front of the card where I put a tag for whatever sentiments anyone wants to put on it and a gift card in the other pocket. Creative uh?
I actually had so much fun with the above card, I decided to make a matching Cable Box as seen in the picture below. Now, I just need to find something in the theme of wedding to put in there. Totally fun and very elegant box, don't u think?
But it doesn't stop there...I was still having so much fun, I made another box. This is a 3" x 3" Note Card Tote. I used a cute stamp set called Forest Friends..a set I got for free from StampinUp. Yeah, I haven't made the note cards yet, but I will do that when I figure out who to give this to.
Next up is a 3" x 3" Notecard Box. Go here if you want to make this box too.
Next up is a little treat box that hold little Chirardelli square chocolate called Chirardelli Box. I need to add a little sentiment to it and maybe a little more embellishment in the front, maybe a little decorated latch to keep the box close.
A couple months ago we had a legal problem with our neighbors and there were a couple of guys who helped us out with our battle so my hub asked me to make them a couple of thank-you cards and maybe make something for their wives too. I finally got around to making them some assorted cards to give as gift and I made these two boxes below to put those cards in, to make it look more like a gift. These two boxes are called Card Purses...see how perfectly the cards and envelopes fit in the boxes? Cool, uh? And the neat thing is when they peruse all the cards, they can keep purses and use it for some other stuff...I love things that has multiple uses. (Thanks Laura for helping me with the cards.)
There is a running joke that I always tell people about myself. And that is, when I get overly stressed out about something, I tend to want to do something creative and I found that niche in my card making. I find that the more stressed out I am (I tend to want to make complex cards) the better and more creative my cards look. I kinda went crazy all of last week and this week making all these boxes and cards. Yesterday I thought I was done being creative, but instead I ended making the card in the next image. It is called a Magic Card. I have to take a several pictures of the card so you can see by what I mean when I say this card is a magic card.
Here's the card at first glance...completely boring looking, right? But look, there's a tap to pull it up...let's see what happens.
Here's a little pull....
and another pull...see any changes?
..more pull on the tap...
..and here the tap is pulled out completely. Whoa, how did that image end up in full color? Cool, uh? I had loads of fun making this and even more fun showing it off to my family. Everytime I show one of the kids the card, they just look at it with no interest and then when I started pulling on the tap, the expressions on their faces was worth all the hard work put into this card.
So there you have it folks...my little bits of creativity for the time being. If any of you are interested in making some these cards and boxes, you check out the gallery and tutorials on Splitcoaststampers website. They have a weekly challenge that host every week, I've joined it but I am not as diligent in posting the stuff I made in their gallery. Mainly because most of the time when I make the items in the challenge, I often forget to take pictures until after I've given the stuff away. Something I need to work on.
Hope you enjoy what you see...have a great Memorial weekend and God bless!!
P.S. It's She said/He said over at the Venus & Mars blog today and I'm going the She Said perspective...check it out and let us know your feelings of flirting while in a relationship.

12 comments:
You are uber talented! I like to get creative when I'm stressed, too. It helps. (So does chocolate.)
Heidi, thank you. This card making hobby of mine has been the best stress relief for since I've discovered this new found talent. It's actually what keep me sane sometimes and to make it even better is that it's actually the most productive hobby EVER!! Everyone benefits from this.
I have never been more proud to send Christmas cards than I was sending the ones you made this last year. You are so talented and each and every one of those cards are beautiful!!! I adore the pull one!!! How amazing- how'd you do that. Good job girl!!!!
I totally need to know how to do that color appearing pull card - SO cool!!!!
Awww Emily, thank you. I am so happy that you love the cards I sent you.
T..I'll send you the link for a tutorial.
Those are some really cool cards!!
Love the ones that have slots...:)
Oh wow!!! Look at all your beautiful creations!! YOU ROCK!!!! I hope you are feeling better and less stressed now!
Magic cards are great and always impress people!
Andrea, thank you...I also love that card too...it's double duty card, a card that has a place to put money as gift, a person can never go wrong with that kind of card.
Jeannie..aww, thank you so much. Magic cards are THE bomb.
I wondered where you went!Glad you're back!
Love the crafts... i actually have some of those stamp sets and will have lots more time to do some of your ideas soon!
Hello, I found you from Blogfrog.Thank you for sharing nice blog.Please visit My Community.
please come on in,join in discussions, start one of your own, make new friends share your experience.
http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
Have a great day.
Nan
Hi Anjeny! Let's see if this works...T
Oh my goodness! You are amazing. I love the Magic Card. I need to get me one of those. ;)
Post a Comment