Does anyone actually accomplish any of the items they listed on their resolution? It seems I never seem to accomplish or even touch half of what I listed on my resolution. Seriously, I get so excited about the new year and I start imagining all the new things I'd like to do, for example, new talents I want to develop, or a bad habit I want to get rid of or new good habit I want to work on, blah blah blah.
See, every year, I put on my list, read my scriptures more faithfully, get at least thirty minutes of some sort of exercise workout into my daily routine, lay off the caffeine, again, blah blah blah...then come at the end of the year, I usually notice I've only done part of my list.
The first of this month, our family got together and toasted our last bottle cider to everything each of wish for the new year and then we gathered around in a circle and knelt in prayer. Usually when we do a prayer in circle like that, it means that someone would start the prayer, say something, then squeezed the hand of the person on their right and that person added something to the prayer and then squeezed the hand of the person next to them, so on and on til we get to the last person and that person say what she/he wants to say and then close out the prayer. The kids were very thoughtful in their part of the prayer, they each pray for each other, extended family member, parents and friends.
When it came for my turn...know what I prayed for? Only thought that stuck in my mind...P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E., yep, I prayed for Patience. So I've decided that will be my number one goal for this year. I will learn to have more patience. I have noticed that the older I get, the less patient I become. You would think that someone who has kids and are constantly around kids would be the most patient person in the world, but no, not me. I get impatient with my kids, my hubby, friends, even strangers. I seem to have little patience any little thing, even traffic light especially when I'm dropping my kids off to school, or when my kids are not moving fast enough in the morning to get ready for school...or if I tell one of the kids to do something and they seem to be moving too slow for my taste.
So yeah, Patience is definitely my resolution for this year. I figure if I focus on this one aspect of my life and actually master it, I just might be able to accomplish some of the other things I've been trying to accomplish for years, who knows. Maybe, just maybe, if I've become more patience, I might be able to get some of my mental list of things to accomplish for this year crossed off too...I think.
What about you? Do you write a resolution each year and do you actually accomplish what you listed? I would love to read what you have.
Anyways, today is Cub Scout Den meeting. I will be having at least four nine-year old over at my house this afternoon and I'm going to try my hand at some simple wood working activity. This should be interesting. Did I ever mention that I am actually loving being a den mom?(well, they don't call it that anymore...it's Den Leader, now). I do..it's actually more fun than I thought it would be. These nine-year olds are such fun to work with, no whining, complaining and they are so NOT picky when it comes to activities.
♥ always,

No comments:
Post a Comment