I've got a problem......I can't seem to control my obsessions.
So I've commented on Crash's blog (Twilight review) about exiling myself into my laundry room to read the Twilight series. I had just started reading the first book when my teenage daughters talked me into going to watch the movie with them, I love movie, so I finished the book last night. I'm starting on the second book.
See, that's where my obsessions set in...because I really love reading, and when I pick up a good book to read, I can't put it down. It practically consumes all my time; eating, sleeping, waking hours. I get really engrossed in the reading, that everything else is forgotten. To add to that I've discovered the fun of blogging...logging on, read other people's posts for the day, comment on them if I feel witty, read some more posts, get off, read more Twilight {well, now it's New Moon}, get back on to the blogging world, read more posts...so the cycle goes on and on. The laundry that was supposed to be done, well, I did the washing and drying part, or at least the machines did those parts but now I have pile of clean laundry to fold and put away but I'm not even paying attention to that.
I couldn't have picked the worse week to get into my obsessions...this being Thanksgiving week. I still need to do last minute shopping for Thanksgiving dinner but I'm not even in the mood, I'd rather read or blog {how sad is that?}. I'm not even going to mention the state of my house right now. I belong to the same card making group Girl in a Swirl belong to and I'm supposed to the one demonstrating for our next card night...I have three projects to demo, all to do with Christmas ornaments, but I haven't even started making any samples to show off to the ladies yet on what they would be making that night {two weeks from now, which is fast approaching}. Also, I will be attending a Craft Fair two days after our Card Night...you think I'm prepared for anything to sell at the Craft Fair? Nope.
Then again maybe these two obsessions may be good for me. I suppose if I wanted so badly to be immersed in the blogging and reading the vampire books, I should discipline myself to at least try and get started on some of the projects I need to get done. Well, knowing my kids, they'd probably take over the computer so maybe I can use their monopolozing the computer as a way of curbing my blogging obsession to give me enough time to at least make a great Thanksgiving dinner for my family and make some really great Christmas cards and ornaments.
Speaking of which, it's time for me to put on my chauffeur hat and go pick up my kids from school. Ciao!!
11/25/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
{tater} I just thought that was a funny verifier word..
TATER- reminds me of Mater in the movie CARS...
OKay- focus!
I was able to sew 6 hide-n-seek bags for the Craft Fair!! and then I got sick of it.. so I made (3)"kits" so people can make their own- add their own trinkets too.
Because -honestly- I am a lowsy sewer...(?) lowsy at sewing? that's better phrased.
kids feeling better. whew.. just back from the x-ray.. have a few minutes.. then DINNER plans.
Last night I left a big ole comment and now it's gone. I was just telling you to stop reading Twilight in your laundry room because I miss you and your sharp tongue.
And the verifier said oater and I thought that was funny with tator. I think your verifier was hungry yesterday. You should stop reading Twilight and feed it.
Eheheh...thanks Crash. I know, that dayum Edward..why does he have to be soo stinkin HOt...I think he bit me
lol. Whew, finally finished with all four books so good riddance Edward..lol.
Ima go feed my blog now...(*sticks tongue out at Crash*)
Post a Comment