12/31/08

Milestones

Hmmmm....New Year's Eve, not even the first day of New Year yet and already I am running around again like a crazed loon doing New Year's stuff. I haven't even started on my resolution yet either yet I am already in the New Year mode. What am I talking about?

Ok, I just realized that this year I have five milestones, or better yet, my kids have milestones. You see this weekend, Sunday (fast Sunday), my son #3 is turning eight and getting baptized. Yes, his birthday is on the 4th of Jan which is this Sunday and he is adamant that he be baptized on HIS birthday, not any other day. I know that what's most people do but not in our family. I usually have them baptized on a seperate day than their birthdays. So as you can see I have already begun my 2009 duties. I am actually proud of myself because I've already given out the assignments needed for the baptism and I even have the program made/printed up, I just need to go and make copies for the attendees. So that's one down.

Other milestones? you ask. Son #1 is turning 14 at the end of January and will be moving up to being a teacher. At least with this one I have at least a few weeks to wait.

Come April, son #2 will be 12....on to Young Men, Boys Scout and of course to becoming a deacon. He can hardly wait. This is gonna a little pain for me in Primary because he will actually be the oldest kid in Primary this year and he would actually be sitting on pins and needles just to get out of there. This is the son who is very affectionate. I love that I am his favorite person in the world and I hope that I stay that way for him even when he gets older.

In July, daughter #2 will be turning 16, sweet 16. I dread that day. I don't know what kinds of demands she would insist we fulfill on that day. Again, it is definitely a good thing that I don't have to worry about that til the time comes which will be halfway through the year.

Finally, on October, daughter #1 will be turning eighteen. For some reason, I feel this overwhelming sadness whenever I think about the my oldest daughter finishing high school and moving out of our home. I suppose since I was practically a baby when I had her, I've developed some special bond with her. Everything I learned in regards to motherhood started with her. All of the firsts I've learned, I've learned through her. I am not saying that I don't bond well with my other kids. It just that this one kid seem to understand me better, sometimes she even know my thoughts better than me.

Well, even with a little separation sadness, I am actually looking forward to the New Year. With that said, I will be signing off. We {my kids & I} are going over to Swirl's house to bring some chaos to her....it's been too peaceful at her house...lol.

BTW....Cheers for a Happy New Year!!

No comments: