3/9/09

My First Moving Violation

I got my first speeding ticket this weekend, Saturday between five and six o'clock in the morning. Yeah, it took me three days to finally get used to the fact that I've got my first moving traffic violation. The officer who pulled me over said I was going 50 in a 35 mile zone which I totally disagree. I could have sworn the speed limit was 45 so if I have to follow the rule to the letter, I was actually within boundary...I think.

So what was I doing getting a ticket so early in the morning you ask? Well, my daughter Steph, has her last canoe race for the year. I was taking her to Wahiawa {which is about an hour away} to catch her bus that would take her team to the race site. Just before I reached Haleiwa, I saw the flashing light in my rear-view mirror so I pulled over. And that's when I got my ticket. It kinda happen so fast that it took me a while to realize that I was given a ticket. And darn, that was one expensive ticket....as if I have money to just throw away like that...sheesh.

And the nerve of the guy, after giving me a ticket, he had the nerve to warn me about wild pigs being spotted on the road, like I care. He just slapped me with a ticket of more than a hundred dollar and he thought I would care that there were wild pigs on the road?

Just too bad that I totally lack the ability to sweet talk myself out of the ticket. Oh well, I guess that's just fate. Hopefully after I pay for the ticket, my slate will wipe clean and I don't get that on my record....we'll see. Other than, everything was good. Got to spend the rest of Saturday going places with the family and doing absolutely nothing.

Hope y'all have a good weekend.

10 comments:

LBBlum said...

All I can say- is...
it's about time!

just teasing..

I mean- I think I got pulled over for the first time.. when I had my DL- only a month! Then my first ticket... within the first year! It's taken you HOW LONG??? I should have warned you they patrol over there... i always go the limit by haleiwa.. and they you have to REALLY watch the signs cuz they change.. from 45 to 35 and then back to 45 over the bridge.. personally I think it is a "trap" they use.. it's so random the small stretch that is 35.

sorry for the fine.. that hurts.

Ter said...

Wild pigs? was he talking about himself? oops lol sorry I couldn't resist! Hope he's not reading your blog and sending me a fine!! ;)


I really do have a respect for the authority mr. police man, please don't send me that fine!

Ugh I hear you. I got a speeding ticket too, from one of those redlight cameras! I was going down a street I've never driven before and the speed limit was 80 but I guess it changed to 50 and I didn't see it because I was looking at the names of the street trying to find the intersection in which I needed to turn. I was so upset when that bill came in my mail. My friend tells me that alot of people get ticketed there because they don't notice the speed has changed from 80 to 50 very quickly. Grr.

The thing I feel most guilty about, is I never told my husband about it, because he was in the hospital and I didn't want him worrying about money so much, but I can't tell you how hard it was for me to keep it from him.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh my goodness. First of all, I can't believe you've never had a moving violation before. And second of all, I can't believe you didn't try to pour on your charm and talk your way out of it.

hee hee

J/K. I can never pour on the charm wiht police officers. And beleive me, I've had plenty of chances. And my kids remember every time I break the law.

Anjeny said...

Swirl...how rude!!! LOL Yeah you should have warned me you know, you take that route more often than me. I don't even know why that dumb cop was lurking over there so early in the morning, there weren't even any cars on the road. Oh well.

Ter, I had incredible urge at the moment he was telling about the wild pigs to say something rude back. Sorry about your ticket. I did tell my husband as soon as I got home and he went on and on about how our insurance rate would go up and I finally snapped at him so then he changed his tone after that.

Crash, you naughty girl you..eheheh. I've gotten tickets before but mostly on sticker expiration and I didn't count those since they were on my hubby's name...LOL...but darn it sucks big time getting something like that.

Ladies, you are the best. I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone..eheheh.

Sandi said...

Awww poor Anjeny! If it makes you feel any better, both me AND my daughter got photo radar tickets within a month of each other and had to go to traffic school together..yep what an expensive bonding way to spend a Saturday!

LBBlum said...

HEY! I am trying to call you!
We are meeting at CRASH's house- today at noon to watch a chick flick- painted veil.. TODAY come by! I'll be in class until noon- so just come!

Eliza said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that you got caught.

And wild pigs? Did you see any?

I am LoW said...

I just a couple of years ago was pulled over for the first time. Here is my warning- BE CAARFEUL!! It seems like once you break your record of not being pulled over, it's all over. I then was pulled over again a few months later. (both times a warning) But then a month after that I got a ticket in the mail for a picture taken of me running a red light. :-O All these years and suddenly it won't stop!

But get what started it all- what my first 'pull over' was for....

I took my kids home after church so I could go back to church and pick up my VTing companion to go VTing. On the way I see a little boy from church walking along the HIGHWAY crying, he'd been left!!! So I pull over to get him and take him back to church to call his mom and I got pulled for illegally parking!! Then, b/c of the little boy, the state trooper had me pull up to the church with him to call the police to see if there was neglect. :-O So I am standing there, shaking,freaked, with the state trooper and the police with lights flashing and the stake president pulls up!!

By the time the mom pulls up all the law enforcement had left and I don't think she ever had a clue.

HA!!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Oh man...that urks me. The only ticket I have ever had was for not stopping at a new stop sign at the Baltimore airport. They had just put it in and were sitting and pulling people over right left and center. Grrrrr

Anjeny said...

Sandi, thank you. I think I won't mind taking that class if it is going to clear up my records. Having insurance payment go up is not something I care to do.

Eliza, I didn't see any wild pigs except for the officer who ticketed me..LOL. Thanks for stopping by girl.

LoW, funny you said that. That was precisely what my hubby told me when I showed him my ticket. I think it's weird that when something happen, all of a sudden things started happening right after another. I am now constantly on the look out for cops and my eyes couldn't stray from my speedometer.

Emily, you poor thing...don't you just hate it when they do that? I don't know, I think these police had nothing better to do than sitting out on the side of the road to give out tickets. They are constantly pulling people over.

Thanks ladies for stopping by. I really do appreciate it.