7/10/09

Keepin Up Tradition..lol

It's Friday folks and you know what that means? Yes, it's the day where I pour my heart out about my inadequacies as a mom. Julie is on a blog-cation right now so I'm going to try to keep her NPSA meeting going a little on my end. Plus, I'm just too down in a rut to come up with anything creative and entertaining. So here goes nothing:

Any of you moms ever actually looked forward to having a camping trip? Well, I do. Doesn't make sense because usually camping might require a lot of work, packing of camping gears, the hike or whatever...but camping here in Hawaii so much different. Camping is like going on a vacation.

Anyways, since we moved to our Ward nine years ago, our family has been going every year since with our Ward for Ward camp. I didn't use to like camping...all those packing, planning menus, hauling things to and from camp and all the camping gears...well, two years after this yearly ritual, I discovered something that actually make me like camping anymore. Seriously.

We usually camp from Friday to Wednesday so that's almost a whole week. You know what my biggest dilemma everyday is? Trying to figure out what to make for dinner...even with a menu schedule or even if I already have an idea of what I want to make, it always ended up a complete shamble. Well, I figured out that at camp, my family is not soooo picky about what they eat. As long as I bring a lot of snacks and drinks, they will eat anything. If I actually decide we'll eat sandwiches that whole duration of camp, that's what we will be eating...no complaints from anyone, not even the hubby who usually makes a big fuss about dinner meal. In fact he insisted that I don't go through any trouble trying to come up with anything elaborate for dinner, he's all content with just having sandwiches as long as he gets to spend his whole camping trip at the beach.

So folks...that is now the reason I look forward with excitement to camping. For five days, I can feed them anything and they will be just fine. And not only that, but since there are other kids and adults around and most of kids are grown, I just let my little kids go off with hang out with their little friends and I get to enjoy myself, doing my own thing. All this time, my kids are actually thinking that I am making a sacrifice for them every year by taking them camping but they don't really know, do they? To them camping is the best time of the year besides Christmas because mom lets them eat all the junk food they desire and she keeps supplying them with that and even dad is loosened up enough to eat hot dogs which he loathe eating by the way..lol. AND.....only at camp that a mom can get away with letting her kids wear the same thing, be it swim shorts or a complete outfit for five days in a row without anyone giving you the eye...seriously.

As you can see, I have a such a great time at camp, exhausting though it may be, I am wishing we are still camping right now because quite frankly, I'm just too lazy to get up and do any mundane things. I think this year's camping week went by really fast, I barely got to bask in the glory of it all when it was time to break camp and come home. So now, I'm already planning on the next Ward camp coming up next year...isn't that crazy? In fact, I think I'm still in the camping mode right now because I keep thinking that the kids should just raid our cabinets and help themselves to any food they find...lol.

Ahem...aight folks, thanks for reading, hope your week is been great so far. Again, if you're in the mood to read some fun post, go here.

God bless!! and happy blogging!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I like camping because it is so great to get my kids away from technology and their friends. It is fun to watch them interact together. And, food always tastes better when cooked and eaten out doors. But, I don't like sleeping on the ground anymore. I get to achy.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I like that about camping also, when your kids just run and hardly every bug you.

The Songer said...

Our ward (actually not mine anymore) is going camping this coming weekend... and this post made me so much more excited for it!!!

I plan to lay around all day and just let them eat junk food and snacks... and maybe not even make sandwiches... we'll see how that works!

Anjeny said...

Lisa...I hear ya girl. It really is great having the kids just run around enjoying themselves. As for the sleeping on the ground, I don't like that part very much so I bought me a air mattress and the camping cots are also great to sleep on. When we first started camping, the camping site was so close to home that I usually come home to sleep at night and go back during the day, now I just bring my air mattress and I'm good to go.

NHC...yes, that is my favorite part of camping..the kids go off and do their own thing and I get to enjoy myself without anyone bugging me..eheheh.

Iwa...you're making me want to crash your camp. Man, the camp week went by so fast, I was telling my daughter the other day that I kept thinking I need to start getting ready for camp..lol..we finished already but I kept thinking it's still coming up because it went by so fast, I hardly had time to really enjoy it to the fullest. Oh well! Have fun camping..

Martha said...

Hey Anjeny, glad you guys had such fun.

I don't mind camping, but this year I had to husbandly support. He said he's tired of doing all the setting up, loading, and tearing down. So we half camped. I stayed one night. I'm the one who's working this summer so I had to run off and teach tennis.