And of course, life in general is very hectic for me. I've been trying to be a very good mom by dedicating most of my time to my kids since they are home all day and it's been fun. Where else can I get to know my kids all over again...
Anyways, I just want to update a little of my weekend.
Fourth of July was a great one....we were able to go to a block party and mingle with old friends and meeting new ones. And of course, food is always a great factor to a get-together. OMG the food...the people in Hawaii really know how to throw a party. I think I've gained at least five pounds just from eating on Saturday.
However, my little girl, Katie, got sick and I had to practically stayed up all night taking care of her. So both she and I didn't go to church yesterday...I was able to catch up on sleep since she was sleeping most of the day. I was actually in a great mood because I made a great dinner for my family...even made a new dessert, one that I've never made before.
Then my family came home after church yesterday and told me that one of ladies I know, her three year old son had fallen out of their two-story window and landed on the cemented sidewalk below and cracked his skull. He's now in the hospital...my heart goes out to the mom. Right now she's battling her own demons...she's been struggling with anxiety attack and now this. I think in the four or five years they've live here in Hawaii, they've moved at least six times that I know. Everytime they get settled in one house, the owner ended up selling the house so they ended up having to look for another place. And I have to tell you, I don't think I would be able to handle that kind of stress...they have little kids, the oldest is eight...can you imagine that? I guess that's what brought on the anxiety stress she has. Poor lady...I feel sooo bad for her.
My daughter Steph is volunteering this summer at the hospital where the little boy is at so she told me last night she's going to stop by and see how the boy is doing. I'm going to find out sometime today how long he will be at the hospital so I can go visit. I asked my hubby last night if the little boy is going to make it and he said yes but I'm sure there's going to be some major problem that will result from the fall. Can you just picture that? A three year old falling from a two-story window and a cracked skull? I shudder just thinking about it. I get usually very neurotic when my daughter or any of my kids get near our windows or the older kids climb a tree...now with what happened to the little boy, I think I'm on the verge of being paranoid now.
Other than that, everything is ok on my end. Katie's feeling much better, up and about in her old self, singing and dancing and just being her old cute, adorable unresistable self. Jen's attending Summer School this summer and I've mentioned already, Stephanie's volunteering at the hospital. All four boys are home, being mommy's helpers, and just enjoying their time at home. How about you all? How's your summer coming along so far? Hope you're enjoying the great summer weather...the sun is out and brightly about, I think I might take the kids across to the beach to do some kayaking.
If you're interested in reading something really fun this week, go here. I've mentioned this blog before, it's on my sidebar, Mars versus Venus, a relationship blog...I'm one of the posters on there. This week, the posts are extremely fun to read, the owner has decided to theme the post so this week's theme is Compatibility. You might not want to miss the posts on that blog...go check it out. I have a post I've written, I'm just not sure when it will be posted, maybe Friday or Saturday but every single post this week is going to be a "must read". There's a really fun post right now...it even comes with video of a real live couple so please go check it out, ok?
Aight, y'all take care and have a great day.











3 comments:
I'll say Hawaiian's know how to throw parties. Went to some good ones when I lived there. We have a brother who is Tongan but grew up in Hawaii. He throws the ward a luau every year. The food is amazing!
I meant a brother in the ward. My brother is as haouli as you can get.
Oh I'm so sad about the 3 year old. It makes me think of Eric Clapton. His son died that way. How is the boy?
It was fun to see you today at lunch. Can't wait to see what you think of Miss D. Hope you lub it!
Hey one of my twins was so sick on Sunday too and I had to stay home with him. High five. ;)
Post a Comment