Today is my son Danny's birthday, he turns seven so I just want to give a little shout out to him on his special day. He has made a request that every member of the family has to give him seven items each for his birthday which will add up to fifty six items..instead of asking for a party or one special gift like he normally does, he asked that the whole family come up with seven item each member to give him. I can only say I'm glad that he took mercy on us and told us, that each item has to cost only a buck..lol..the sneaky little brat. I can't wait to see what the other kids are going to do about his request. For his special dinner tonight, he asked for meat loaf and mashed potato with gravy. So Happy Birthday, Danny !! ♥ ya bunches sweetie!!
On some updates...kids are back to school again and I've finally gotten full control of my computer again so life of blogging will be back in session again. Not that I didn't enjoy my blog break because I did. I was able to catch up on some much needed love affairs...not that kind of love affairs, silly. I think I've mentioned before about how much I love to read. With the blog break, not by choice mind ya, I was able to catch up on a lot of reading. I finally read Heidi's book, Miss Delacourt Speaks her Mind...now that is a book to read if any of haven't read it yet. I joined a women's book club. The first book assigned was called the Peacegiver (another good-must-read book) and we're having our first meet tonight. There were also other books that I started around the time I started blogging and never got around to finishing so I was able to read them all.
And sleep..omg, SLEEP....that was another love affair that I was reaquainted with again..lol. That was I think the best part of the summer for me...I got to sleep in every day. No matter how late or early I went to sleep the night before, I was sleeping in the next morning. I had to take advantage of the kids not going anywhere in the morning like school and I even made sure that if there were any appointments needed to be seen to, it was set up for late afternoon. And I have to tell ya, it was good thing because since school has started, I've been getting up very early to drive to seminary and getting kids ready for school.
Speaking of which...my son, Chris is a freshman in high school this year so early-morning seminary is a total must attend class. Coolest thing is that one my friends who's also in my card group is the seminary teacher for his class. She's absolutely the best. She's already gotten the kids so excited about seminary, they don't even care that they have to go so early in the morning.
And my daughter Jen had her sweet sixteenth birthday the end up July and got a job working at PCC. For some reason, she's decided to take on some full load this year. Early morning seminary, work, online courses plus her regular classes. She's doing good so far and I'm crossing my fingers that she doesn't wear herself out before the school year is over. I don't know what's gotten into her but it seems like whatever it is has changed her into this very responsible person so I am not going to complain at all.
Then there's my son, Jonathan...he started middle school this year. He's totally enjoying the fact that he now attends the same school as his older siblings instead of going to a little kid school..that's what he calls elementary now..lol. To him, middle school is way cooler than elementary and everything is an adventure there, especially riding the bus to and from school. He no longer has to wait around on the playground for mom to go pick him up...awww, my little boy is all grown up.
Now, moving on to more fun stuff..not that talking about my kids isn't fun. The infamous Crash dummy is moving away. Can you believe it? She's trading in her sexy hot golden surfer dude boyfriend, Hawaii, for some uptight pale looking boooring dude named, Utah. She really must be a dummy to do that, eh? ahahahah...but don't tell her I said that. I'm meeting with her today along with my best bud Swirl and Martha for lunch today and sing our Aloha Oi to her. I think instead of singing to her and sweating our eyes out for her leaving, we should really set her pants on fire for abandoning us like that. Hmmmm, that's not such a bad idea...I'm getting more excited now to see her just thinking about all the abuse I can inflict upon her as a memory to take to Utah with her to show to all her Utards friends...lol. Naaah, just kidding, Crash. I lub you loads, ya know that right? I am sooo going to miss having the advantage of rubbing it into the mainlander's faces that we have our famous people magnet dummy living just down the road from me...Oh well. I guess I need to be nice and share, uh?
It really is good to be back to the blogasphere!! Hope all is well with you all. Happy blogging and God bless!!











9 comments:
Holy Moly, Lady. You have been busy! Lots to comment on...
1. Happy B-day Danny.
2. LOVE reading (I think you already know that). Loved Heidi's book. Loved the Peacegiver (one of the best books ever written).
3. I heart sleep- we should start a sleepers support group.
4. heehee! Crash is moving here! WOOHOO!
Glad you are back. Hopefully next week when my kids start school I will be around more, too.
You certainly sound busy! I always lament the end of summer. I love schedules, but school, homework, extra curriculars, etc, can sometimes be overwhelming.
Missed you on here. Sorry you are losing your crash dummy buddy to Utah. At least I'm not a Utard or I might have been offended. Haha. Don't beat her too harshly. Tell her she is making a drastic mistake. I moved away from Hawaii had have missed it!
I got tired just reading that post. can't imagine how tired I'd be if I actually did all that.
oh yeah, and welcome back!
Jules...thanks for the bday wish for my son. And yes, I do love to sleep...used to be if I'm hungry and sleepy and time is limited, I would choose the sleep over the food. Now, I'd be lucky if I actually have an six hour sleep at night so I made that up by eating, totally bad thing to go into, I've put on too much weight from that. And yeah, Crash is moving to your neck of the woods, don't rub it in..lol. Thanks so much for dropping by, good to read ya.
LOL Lisa...good to see ya, thanks for stopping by and I am glad you're not a Utard, wouldn't want you getting offended with me..lol..naaah, I heart Utards. I know the dummy will be in good hands. Once the kids are completely settled into school, life would become completely blissful for me..lol.
Awww Ter, thank you for the wc back. I am sooo glad to see you here. Thanks for coming.
How was the birthday meatloaf? Was it as good as tai food?
How was your book club?
Thank you so much for the fun lunch. How cool I got to go out with a Ponpei islander. I posted the photos tonight.
P.S. How cute Danny wanted 7 gifts from everyone.
Welcome back, I've missed you. I might get enthused to blog again myself
Still loving reading bout your kids.
Welcome back- loved the pics of your lunch with Crash :)
Yo Crash, good to see you here. Meatloaf turned out great, everyone had at least seconds on that, esp. the bday boy. BUT thai food totally slam dunk meatloaf in my book.
The book club was great. Out of 12 women, only two rated the book in the 3s, 1 being the least likable and 10 being the best. There were serious discussion that went on about the book and a few shed tears over it too.
I had a super great time at lunch, thanks for making it fun and memorable. I'm going to steal some of the photos you posted on your blog to post on here, if you don't mind.
Gran...thank you so much. I've miss ya too..I look forward to your comments whenever I post on here. Thanks for your constant support.
Sandi...thank you. I'm going to steal some of her pictures to post.
Post a Comment