11/18/09

Blogoversary and First Give-Away

Ok, I just realized that yesterday was my Blogoversary and I was too busy running around trying to meet family obligations that I never got the chance to throw myself a virtual party here yesterday. So I decided today, I'm going to do just that. Not that there is anything to really celebrate since I hardly ever post much on here but hey, just the thought that I actually started a blog and kept it for a year, that in itself is something, no? So for that, I'm going to celebrate like every blogger does, I'm going to give something away to one of you wonderful people out there who either reads this blog or stumbles upon from time to time...my first EVER Give-Away...how exciting is that!!

So, here's what I'm giving away today...the items I have are basically what sums ME up (or who I am). Here we go:

Let me break this down so you'll can see what you're getting



These first items would be the perfect description of who I am first and foremost...I am an islander so therefore I'd like to share a little of the island girl with you and of course since I live on an island, what better way to share than to send you a little island scent your way.

Enclosed here are two bottles of Body Lotion, Bath & Body Gel, a packet of Bath Crystals and Perfume, all in Passion Pineapple scent. Wouldn't you just love to make yourself smell like something totally delicious and edible? LOL And of course, here's a box of Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts..every woman's addiction (chocolate), per say. If someone from the mainland win this stuff, she can put this on or while taking some hot bath with this aroma whipping around her, she can imagine staying on a tropical island where it's warm while enjoying the melt of the chocolate in her mouth...hmmmm, yum!


This next one is a box of hand-made(made by yours truly, of course) Christmas card, a set of twelve. I made the box so when the user finished with the cards, she can still find some other use for the box.

The image and sentiments on the front of the card is in gold, in other words, I embossed them in gold so it gives it the perfect shine to go with the season. Inside of the card is left blank except for a "Merry Christmas" saying so the owner of the cards can personalize them and it's FREE so therefore she doesn't need to buy any...unless of course she has more than a dozen people to send Christmas cards to in which case she then has to buy the rest.

This is what I do as a hobby and I guess you can say this is a passion of mine or the little talent I can actually say I have and I truly like sharing this part of me with you.

This is what the card looks like out of the box...you can click on it to see the details.


Here it is again with its envelope...even the envelope is designed to coordinate with the card. Say that you want this and it's yours, seriously.



Now this last one is something I picked up from blogging. I did a post about this one, you can see it here. My little Katie is the reason I venture out to try something like this and of course since she's soooo into Princess, I have to use the Disney Princesses as the theme for these two items.

These are the reversible tote bag and the crayon roll. Hubby was sooo happy that I was actually using the sewing machine he bought me two Christmases ago, he was actually happy to shell out the money to buy any materials I want..how sweet...LOL.

Anyways, this part of the give-away you can say is the little mommy in me, the side who wants to create things her hands for her little ones especially if the little recipient is very excited to get the items her mom made even if it's sometimes not the best, know what I mean.


Here they are again...

That's what the other side of the bag looks like and this is what the crayon roll looks like rolled out.

I figure everyone has a little princess out there, either a daughter, granddaughter, niece, little sister or even a god-daughter who they would move mountains to make happy. This will be just the perfect gift for this season, don't you think?



So there you have it folks, my little something that I want to give away as a way to celebrate my Blogoversary.

And look, everything fits perfectly into the bag...how clever is that!Alright, I've dragged this on long enough...all this goes to ONE LUCKY WINNER. You only have to do two things....first entry, leave a comment and tell me how clever you think these handmade creations are excluding the scenty items.

Second entry, blog, tweet or facebook this give-away and then leave me a comment about your entry with your link. (Shoot, I'm soo in a giving mood, you don't even have a be a follower to enter.)

I will use the random picker to choose the winner and you have til Sunday, the 29th at six p.m. my time (Hawaii time) to see who the winner is. Aight, let the game begin!!

22 comments:

Jenna Z said...

I can't believe you made a BOX to go with your cards! Wow, that is just so.....polished!

Ter said...

hi there, I am (sadly)not in need of any of the items you have for giveaway so exclude me from the draw but I just wanted to say happy blogoversary.

Niecey said...

Happy blogoversary! These things are extremely clever! I am artsy but not crafty. I like the arts but can't sew or handmake something pretty to save myself. I am in love with these things, they look gorgeous!

Niecey said...

I tweeted

http://twitter.com/goodieslist/status/5839297851

I am LoW said...

Ohme Ohmy, how exciting?!?! I never win anything, but I sure hope to win this loot!!!

(I'll be back later after I tweet/blog/whatever about this giveaway!)

Lisa said...

What a generous give away! I love the cards! (and the chocolates!) Happy Blogoversary!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Pick me! Pick me! PALEEEASE pick me.

I want all that stuff so bad!!!

I can't believe it's been a year. I remember so clearly at Swirl's b-day party trying to talk you into it.

YOU ROCK!

Sandi said...

A whole year! Yay Anjeny! Now pick me to win :-)

The Songer said...

That cute Princess Tote with the crayon roll is SOOOOOOOO AWESOME.. that if i dont win, you're going to have to give me the pattern to make it... I totally dont mind winning just the bag.. and giving the insides to someone else!

Too cute!

So i posted it to my facebook page.. but i dont know which link to give you, because you have to be my friend to see, so after this post im going to crashes page to request you.....

Hey guess what? So i was going through the pics that i could use as thumbnails to attach to my post and guess what i found out? I know your son! Jonathan... he's in my math class! Smart Kid! (does that get me a third entry? LOL!)

Emily said...

Hooray! I put a link on my facebook so my millions of friends can run over here and enter. (ok, I have 5 friends)

I think your crafy items are super awesome. But I really entered for the chocolates ;0)

Hope I win! Good luck to me! lol

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Did i win? Did I win? Did I win? Did I? Did I? Did I?

Eliza said...

My daughter is so in love with the princess bag and crayon roll. She was going crazy when she saw the picture.

I went crazy thinking about smelling yummy while eating something yummy.

Your cards and box are so beautiful. You are very talented. I always look forward to seeing the cards that you post.

I REALLY hope that I win.

Jami said...

I would love any or all of that stuff. The macadamia nuts called me here, but WOW those are some cards. I really am impressed. And the bath imagery has me longing. So choose me. Randomly of course. :)

Bel said...

anjenny, super talented. sure love the crayon roll and the cards. you should divide it among three winners. the more the merrier.

TisforTonya said...

oooh, you know if I don't win I'm going to have to make my OWN crayon roll now right - and of course it will have to be princess-y because that's what my little girlies love :)

congrats on the year mark!!!!!

Gran Denny said...

Wow Anjeny, what an awesome giveaway. Sharing your card swap pics has inspired me to try my hand at card making and that has brought joy into an old Gran's day. Thank you!
Point taken on your New Moon thoughts too.

Queenie Jeannie said...

OHHHHHHHHH!!! PICK ME! PICK ME! PICK ME!!! I love it all and neeeeed it!!!! And Bella will cry her little curly head off too!!!!

What do you think? Too desperate? LOL!

Happy Blogoversary and if you don't pick me I'll still love you!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Oh man - I want to win like nobody's business!! It is all so cute and I need it all. Please enter me. I never win these giveaways so fingers crossed my luck changes!!

LBBlum said...

I can't believe I almost missed this -- pick me pick me and just think of the bonus!! you don't have to pay for shipping!!! ;0) wink wink!!!

I so need that cute princess tote! it is soooooo adorable!

and those cards!!.. are beautiful!

The Haley Family said...

Cute stuff!! I'm Emily's cousin with the fun shirts she had on her giveaway! I thought I'd enter yours since you took the time to look at my goodies! I LOVE making cards too!

LBBlum said...

here is my post about your give away...

http://girlinaswirl.blogspot.com/2009/11/blog-give-away-dont-miss.html

and ... I think you know..
PICK ME!

Anonymous said...

I have never done this before but I wanted you to know how talented I think you are. I love your cards, you have so many great ideas. I don't know where you find the time to do all you do. I am a friend of your mother-in-law. We met in Riverton, UT. when Stephine was a little baby. Boy, that was years ago. I love to see how your family has grown and what all the kids are doing. I would love to win, but I can't do the second part of your request because I don't blog or tweet, etc. I'm just an old grandma who is into genealogy big time.