We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places” (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works and
Integrity and
Virtue
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.
The First Presidency has proclaimed this new addition in the church news call "A Return to Virtue". I am actually very happy about this new addition and I'd say it came just the right time seeing how media and society seem to portray that being virtuous is something to snicker at. The book of Esther in the Old Testament has always been my favorite book in the Bible to read....Esther even though she was a Jew was chosen above all the other women in that country to be the next Queen not just because she's beautiful but because she possessed this aura about her, the most virtuous one among those women and that virtue she had that later led her to courageously stood up in front of the King, without being invited, at the risk of her own life to beg for her people's lives. If you haven't read that, you can look it up in the Old Testimony.
Anyways, I've been preparing my lesson for Young Women today and thought I'd share video and message with you today. Have a great Sunday and may the Lord keep you and bless you with whatever you stand in need of.

6 comments:
I was not able to go to church today, so I appreciate your bit of spiritual uplift. Thank you!
I'm sure it's completely unnecessary to tell you I cam over here Crash's site...but just in case, I came from Crash's.
Anyway, I just gave a lesson last week in Relief Society about the YW values and was happy to include Virtue since it wasn't a value when I "graduated." I figured that even though we were in RS---it was a singles' ward so it's just an extension of YW for most of us at this point anyway:) And I used Esther as one of my examples in the lesson.
Lisa, I'm glad that this helps with your spirituality. Thanks for the comment, appreciate it big time.
Barb..I'm glad to see you on my humble blog. I've always enjoyed reading your comments on Crash's site so welcome!
I love that you talked about what I post about on your lesson last week. I love Esther, my favorite all time historical woman, you could say.
What a beautiful post! Thank you!!!
What a great thing to blog about! sorry I haven't been around much lately .. . I have rediscovered all the things I used to do before I started blogging. Way fun!
I read that in a past Ensign- just last week!!
HOw interesting you posted about it!
Is it assigned a color?? ya know how they all have colors? Faith is white... that is the only one I know of for sure...
HAD SO MUCH FUN FRIDAY NIGHT!!!
Post a Comment