I've been in some really rotten mood these days, you know those days when you just feel like snapping at anyone and everyone you come in contact with. Nope, it's not the time of the month, and nope, I'm not pregnant which is usually the biggest contributors of my rotten mood and let's face it, I'm waaaaay toooo young to be going through menapause..LOL.
I don't have a vent blog where I can throw all the nasty thoughts I have going through my head and I am not that big on journal keeping either so imagine my burst of delight when I come across this blog. She started a "What I meant to say" Wednesday post and I think it is the perfect thing to do once a week.
This is ongoing problem we're dealing with right now...we have some tenants who are constantly late on their rent and hardly pays the whole amount they owe. Whenever we try to collect the rent from them, the wife pulls out some sob story that tugs at my heart so I feel sorry for her and let it slide...months after months.
Yesterday when I asked her again for this month's rent which they haven't paid yet(and still owe back rent) and the month is almost over...her response was that her bank charged her for some overcharged on her account, she's going to talk to her aunt to help, blah blah blah...
I (again, the real sucker for this kind of thing) told her, please bring me your rent as soon you can.
What I meant and is absolutely dying to say was "oh for Pete's sake, send your hubby out to work instead of letting him just hanging out at home and only working part time so that he can pay the rent so you don't have to keep giving me some sob story which by the way makes me a big time sucker for always falling into it and letting you off the hook. And while we're on the subject...we've given you the cheapest rent you can find on this island, stop trying to live her practically rent-free. And there are three very capable adults living in your home, how hard is it to come up with cheap rent among the three of you without having to pull your aunt(who by the way doesn't live here) to pay for your rent?"
Wow...I feel so much better already...LOL. If any of you want to play along, just click on the button up there, it'll take you where you need to go.

13 comments:
Sounds very frustrating and why I never want to be a Landlord. Kick them out and rent it out for a vacation rental. Cha ching!
we have so wanted to do the landlord thing as a side gig. Your experiences make me rethink it for sure!
Thanks for playing with me!
are you now only going to post on Wednesdays?? I can just see it now!
tee hee
just kidding- you know you are my BFF.
I'm sorry.
I know this is a sore topic and one that is very very frustrating.
Wish I had a backbone so I could help you rustle up your rent every month... but as you know- I just had a hard time evicting the stray dog that was hanging around our house... I am no help.
LOL Lisa...yeah, we definitely would do the vacation rental deal but alas vacation rental is not allowed in Hawaii. Don't know the reason for it though.
Chief..thanks for commenting and thanks for the new outlet game for me. It was really fun. And yes, I am sooo sick of this rental thing, sometimes we have really good tenants and other times we get the worst nightmarish tenants like the current occupants.
Swirl..will it make you visit me more on here if I only post on Wednesdays? LOL You know me, I had to vent a little so I can be the best friend there is, right? ahahah...
The stray dog bit is fuuunny..thanks for the laugh, girlie.
Stopping by from Chief's...
I think it would be so hard to be a landlord. I'd be like you and a total sucker for the sob story!!
Oh jeez!! I'd never make it as a landlord!
I understand where you're coming from -- I'm in the process of doing up an eviction notice this week. We rented to a single father and young daughter, a single bedroom apartment. There is a small storage are (which technically can't be used as a bedroom) and he put the daughter's bed in there. Now he has a woman and another girl living with him. Four people in a one-bedroom apt. Oh, plus a dog, which he wasn't supposed to have there! Anyway, hope they are looking for another place.....
WOW you are landlords??? Gah I'd be so frustrated with that! You need to say what you meant to say ;)
Kmama and Princess..thanks for dropping by. Yeah, I'm finding I'm not cut out for this landlady business..I think my hub and I had a sign on our foreheads that said, "We're suckers, take advantage of us" eheh. Although, not all the tenants we had were like this, we actually had some very good tenants before these recent ones.
Carla..we rent a two bedroom place and there were five people in the family we're renting to now. They were only supposed to be here six months but have stayed on two years now. And they're having other people come live with them too. Don't you just hate it when people are dishonest like that? I wish you luck on your tenants too.
Shelle, I think I've moved past frustration now, I'm on the rage scale now...eheheh.
Oh that would drive me to drink (extra Code Red!) I'm a total sucker too.
LY! Hope you got out all your grumpies.
Hey, guess who I ran into at Target? Julie Youngblood. Can you believe it? Am I a famous person magnet or what? She talked about you. She's been going through some major life CRAP and that's why she's dropped out of the blogging world.
Tell it like you see it Anjeny, I'd have kicked them out before now.
I guess I'm tougher because I would be ticked!!! That isn't fair to YOU!!!! Hugs!
I just found your blog and glad:) I think it is a hard thing to do. But, after the first or second time..it would be the eviction notice for me. hehe:)
Post a Comment