4/14/10

WIMTS-Week 5


So, it's been a while since I last did one of these. But since it's Wednesday today and I'm in the mood to say what's really on my mind, this is just perfect. Feel free to check Chief out and play along.

My son, Jon lately has been going through the whining and complaining stage. I don't know, maybe all the hormones or whatever it is that comes with puberty is hitting him from all sides or something. Seriously, the boy complains and whines about everything. It doesn't matter what it is, whether chores, homework, a little errand, if I ask him to do anything, I will be hearing his whining and complaining til I just want to beat my head against the wall.

Last week, he had been complaining and whining pretty much non-stop and I just let it go. A couple days ago, I told him to wash the dishes, OMG, you should hear him whine. First, he tried coming up with an excuse not to do it, then he asked why couldn't I ask his older brother to do it and when he realized that I was standing my ground, he had no choice but to do the dishes, he started crying and then throw in my face about how unfair I was and that I love his brothers more than him that's why I was making him do chores and I'm a mean mom.

What I did..I just told him it's not true, I don't love his brothers more.

What I meant to say and should've have said was....

"Yes, I'm a mean mom and I'm sorry that I'm unfair, life is unfair so deal with it. And I must have hated you so much that I am trying my darnedest to raise you to become responsible human being so that when you do get married, your future wife won't complain to all her friends and family about what a terrible husband you are who can't even wash his own dish and can't do anything. Yes I guess I must have hated you so much that I am pushing you to be a better human being, that you'll learn to be successful in whatever you do so that you do not grow up to be a menace to society."

There ya go, my WIMTS for today. I mentioned before that I would like to send all you nice ladies beautiful hand-made Mother's day card so if interested, hit me up through email. I still have some of yours from last year, I do would like to send to all of you who follow me..FIRST PRIORITY to me..anyone else interested, send me your physical addy through email.

Have a great day and happy blogging!!

6 comments:

BNM said...

lol! man do i look forward(not) to those days!

Unknown said...

Just say what I said to my tween- "Shove a binkie in it already!!!"
Found you through Chief's site and glad i did!!
have a great day!

TisforTonya said...

HA! I like the "shove a binkie in it" too, but I could probably record that little tirade of yours and put it to good use. daily.

Unknown said...

LOL, that us just too funny! I would have probably said that second part. ;0)

Chief said...

I say this to my boys all the time... YOUR FUTURE WIVES WILL LOVE ME FOR MAKING YOU DO THIS!
Love it!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I always say, "then I know I'm doing my job right if you hate me!"