4/1/10

A Prankster

Yesterday after school, my son Joey, came bursting into the house with alarm in his voice,

"Mom, Mountain is eating a dead cat in the backyard. His mouth is bloody and looks totally gross!!"

I was sitting at the desk in front of the computer so I jumped up and knocked off the seat as I was running out the door, muttering, "oh no, he didn't." And at the same time yelling at my son...

"Where did Mountain get a cat from and why didn't you take that thing away from him?"

I was feeling grossed out, and wondering how in the world am I going to take that dead cat away from our gigantic dog when stepped out the backdoor and saw our dog laying on our back stairs snoozing. Just as I took a breath of relief, Joey yelled back from the house...

"April fools!!" The little prankster.

When I realized how good he had gotten me (I gotta say, he was good), I couldn't stop laughing at myself. He was pretty proud of himself though. He asked if I liked his trick...heck I LOVED it. Because of my reaction to his prank, he called his dad at work and told him the same thing.

How about you guys? Did any of you pull any pranks on your family or did anyone pull one on you?




6 comments:

Lisa said...

No pranks here...I've got to say we completely forgot. He did get you good. So funny!

BNM said...

LMao I have a 2 year old so he couldnt prank me but my FIL got me good! Telling me he broke his legs and couldnt move... I was freakin out.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Good one!!

I used to get Thomas really good, and my older kids too but haven't the past couple of years. Bella wouldn't "get it" and I usually forget these days for Thomas, lol!

Heidi said...

We missed April Fool's and by that I mean we still haven't figured out that it's no longer March. Very clever kid you have.

Anjeny said...

Thanks ladies. Yes, he really got me this time.

Maybe next year, y'all will pull off some really good pranks on your family.

Thanks for stopping by ladies and your comments. Always appreciate it.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Surprisingly we were so busy that none of us got pranked!!! So did you at least lightly punch him in the arm? hehehe