2/22/10

Happy Anniversary Darling!!

Today is my hub's and my 19th wedding anniversary. Wow!! 19 years...that is a long time. I am actually being married a lot longer than I was single, imagine that. Pretty soon, I might start thinking that I was born married...eheheh. This is the card I made two weeks ago for my hubby. I bought the stamp a while back and I love using it because when my hub and were dating back in our college days, we were always poor being students and all...the beach was most of place of hangout. He loves the ocean, I have lukewarm feelings for the ocean (well, I did grow up around the ocean so I guess the ocean and I should have some form of bond, right? LOL) so it seemed like most of our dates would either start at the beach or ended at the beach. Those were fun-filled days. Now with all the obligations of being parents, work, and all other obligations, we don't get to spend much time alone like that on the beach anymore.

Anyways, reflecting on all these years we've been married, I've grown so much. Being married is hard but it also has its benefit. I love this man I married so much even when he's driving me nuts and I'm getting under his skin, I never thought I could've love anyone this greatly.

To my hub:

Happy Anniversary honey. Can you believe it? It's been nineteen years since we both said our "I DO's". Did you predict we would have come this far? I guess you did, you've always been one to set a goal and set out after it, no matter how hard the task it, you would tackle it with all the might, mind, strength and power you have to make sure it is completed.

I know there have been many times where I seem to have dragged my feet when it comes to our relationship and on those days, I needed your strength and confidence to pick myself up, to keep rowing or moving forward and I am deeply grateful that you are there right by my side to help me make it through. I guess you never anticipated that this sweet little island girl would have so much issues and rebellion in her, did you?

Just know that even when I'm being a major pain in the butt more often than I care to recall, you are the best thing that have ever stepped into my life. I admire your courage (for always standing up for what you believe in), your tenacity and however twisted it sounded sometimes, I like that you have a sense of humor. I love how even when we're totally in the heat of an argument, you could pull up something really funny out of the blue just to stem the fight right there. There are so many things I love about you and more I'm discovering over the years.

You are a great father and a wonderful husband and I can honestly say I'm truly blessed to call you mine. Although I look at our marriage as a roller coaster ride, I am truly enjoying every moment of it and I am absolutely happy that I am riding this roller coaster with you. I love you and Happy 19th Anniversary.

With all my heart!!

5 comments:

Emily Anne Leyland said...

What a beautiful,heartfelt card. You are amazing!! Happy 19th Anniversary!!

Lisa said...

How very sweet! Congrats on your 19 years.

TisforTonya said...

awwww...
congrats -
and you said it all very well!

Anjeny said...

Thank you ladies..you guys are sweet.

Haddock said...

A slightly belated Anniversary wish.