2/5/10

Just Rambling again

These past few weeks, I've been doing a lot of blog surfing and blurking. I've found so many interesting blogs to read and it was easy for me to get lost in those blogs reading that I find I've practically spent the better part of my days blogging...well, more like reading blogs.

Whenever I come across a new blog or when I'm reading a comment on a blog and I find the commentor's comment witty, funny or even have some well meaningful thought around it, I would click on the commentor or you could say I follow the commentor back to his/her blog. And the first thing I would check out first is the profile...I always find it a fascinating to read who the blogger is so I just have to read the profile.

Anyways, as I was saying, these few weeks as I've been surfing all over the blogosphere and reading the profiles of the bloggers, I find that most of the bloggers disclosed in their profile that aside from everything they do, they are aspiring writers. Aspiring, now that is an interesting word. I'm sure if I actually dig deep, I would probably find that majority of the bloggers are aspiring writers, I mean every blogger is doing mainly that...writing, no? But what do they really mean? Do they mean that one day they might become famour writers or is blogging a way for them to build up their talent to become some famous writers. If you ask me, I think everyone who does blog is doing a pretty good job of writing.

Well, except for one thing though...I do not like this writing stuff. It's weird because there are so many things I would like to do or would like to become when I was little growing up but being a writer is totally not one of them. Kind of ironic because I love to read, I've mentioned that before already. But when it comes to writing...that's a whole other thing entirely for me. See, to me, writing requires a lot more work than anything and it seems to be a very moody thing to do.

Let me tell you why writing is not really my thing or why I would never ever, even if my life depend on it, write a book or put anything I write in an article. First off, my hands seem to have a brain of their own, completely not in coordination with my head. Sure I can sit and think of the most amazing and incredible to tell, yep, I can spin a tale like no other but if I was asked to write it down, it will totally come out completely wrong and boring and all jumbled up like I'm doing now. (Seriously, I have a really good post in my head, I can picture and imagine every little word I want to write but now that I'm actually writing it, it's just not coming out the way I want it.)

Part of this writing problem of mine is that since English is not my first language, the thoughts I have in my head are usually my native language but I am living in an English speaking home and country and majority of the people I associate with are English speaking people. So I have to do some translation of my thoughts in my head from my native language to English. Because of that, sometimes the translation gets lost on the way...you know from my the brain to the tip of my fingers, the same fingers that do the writing. And then when that happens, I almost always ended up with some of the worse written words in the history of writing. Now that I think about it, I am starting to see why I never get the best grades in creative writing.

And what is the point of this post, you're asking? Well, not a whole lot except that if this blog is constantly stagnant phase, know that the owner trying to sort her thoughts out to make them come out halfway decent for a post...LOL...but of course I remembered that this blog is created mainly to release the constant movement of thoughts in my head. If the posts written sounds like they're all over the place, chances are that that is exactly how they got released from the fingertips...LOL. This is after all a rambler's blog so most of the post might be just that too, just ramblings with not rhyme or reason for them.

So, now that I've at least released this rambling for the day, I feel my head lighten up a bit and looks like I've released some chaotic thoughts out of my head and it's now ready to be organized again so next week I've got some fun and creative crafts to show off. And I've got a really cute Valentine post to share with you guys.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'd loike to write something besides a blog, but I haven't quite grasped the plot yet...I may never...

Chief said...

what a beautiful family!

and I have found a fellow "Mo"!

I hate to write as well. I am waaaay to critical of myself I think!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I think "ramblings" are good things!! I even have it as my own term on my blog, lol!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

So true! I like this post. Good point about the aspiring part. And it does relieve the mind to put pen to paper, even if you're not aspiring to do so.

LY