
What I said when my son Chris' high school counselor called me when I was out on a date with my hubby celebrating our anniversary Monday night to tell me that my son is acting up in class, if we're having problem at home was "hump, nope, not that I know of."
What I meant to say and should have said was "nope, there isn't any problem at home but now that you called there definitely is going to be problem at home once I get my hands on my son. You have just succeeded in ruining a beautiful night where I've finally gotten to eat at this great Restaurant I've been dying to eat at for years and you couldn't wait to call and ruin which by the way it is seven o'clock at night...I have been home all day, why in the world didn't you call me then?"
I do would like to know why the school officials or staff like to assume that once a kid misbehave or act like hormonal teenagers that there is problem at home. Don't they know that teenagers are pickle creatures, one minute they can be the world's best kids in the world and the next they are like the devil re-reincarnate?
There ya go...my WIMTS Wednesday...click on the button up there if you'd like to read more of these from other bloggers or if you'd like unload something off your chest that you really meant to say but is too polite to have otherwise done so.
Later!!











10 comments:
oh I hate schools, I was informed yesterday that my daughter is supposed to perform a dance with the rest of the kindergarten tonight. Thanks for the notice jerks!
Wow! That counselor was working overtime.
I think schools just automatically want to assume that PARENTS are the problem, not the SCHOOL or the TEACHER, you know?
Thanks for stopping by today!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
JoAnn..those are real jerks..I suppose they think the world revolves around them.
Lisa..tell me about it. When I told him I'd call him back in the morning, he said he won't be in office..what the heck! So, I want to read a WIMTS post from you girl, come on I dare ya...eheheh.
Elizabeth..I was thinking the same thing. Seems like they think they can do wrong and parents are always at fault..it's been driving me nuts the way the school has been calling because my son is finally acting like all the other teenage boys in the class.
Thanks ladies for stopping by.
I would hope the counselor was calling out of true concern when he called.
Unfortunately they assume it starts at home, because all too often (not always) it does. Sad but true.
I had a few of those calls last year with my six grader. Thankfully our schools work well with the family. They let me know what was going on and gave me an option to come in and meet with all his teachers, so we could all be on the same wave length. It worked.
LMAO!! omg why in the world would they call you at 7pm that's just ridiculous!!
laughing my arse off! 7am
dumbasses!
Thanks for playing again Anjeny!
Oka..I would agree with you completely if the guy had made himself available the next day..during his work time.
Brittney..I agree with you, it was ridiculous.
Chief..always a pleasure.
hahahaha...love it! Jerky teacher.
Found you through Chiefy-your blog is awesome!
Post a Comment