Well, now that I've at least come to terms with what's been plaguing me, I can put that to rest and move on to something more pleasant. I wasn't aware that this is a Memorial day weekend and therefore there will be kids underfoot another extra day so I will definitely use that to my advantage. My mother-in-law is visiting and will be here this Tuesday so I'm going to need all the extra hands I can get to help me put my house in something that resembles a bit of order before she gets here. I'm actually looking forward to seeing her..haven't seen in her in a long time and the kids are really excited to see Nanny.
Ok so my weekend is going ok. I joined my friend to go do the "Relay for Life" at midnite on Friday and I found out that was a really neat and fun thing to do. We did an hour walk, I didn't count how many laps we did and it was great. I mean I killed two birds with one stone, I did a good thing for a good cause and I burned some calories...who said good causes supposed to benefit only the receiver? LOL
On a more creative note....our card group had our swap on Friday night and I was the demonstrator. I had a blast again, as always. The ladies love my card I made for swapping and my demo was easy, fun yet cute. My friend called me later to rave about how much she loved my card...I admit, of all the cards I made, the one I made this month is my favorite. And not just because it's cute and I had to combine at least two different ideas to create it but because of my daughter's graduation coming up in a few days, she was my inspiration behind the card. So do you guys want to see my card I made to swap with the ladies? Do you? Ok...here we go!
Isn't it cute? The owl is graduating...lol. Red, white and black is my daughter's school's color. The owl was made with different hole punches.
But wait, there's more...look closely, see what the owl is hiding behind him. Yep, when you lift the flap behind the owl, there's a little envelope where a dollar bill or even a gift card lay safely awaiting to be discovered...isn't that cute?
And then when you open the card itself, the sentiments are written in there, like this. (Click on the images to see it enlarge so you can read what it says.)
And for the demo, I did this card. Our theme was either Graduation card or Wedding card. I had to go with graduation because of my daughter. So here's another graduation card that I demo for the group...it was very easy and the ladies loved it. This is a money card...
You pull out the band in the front and then the card is then able to open. There's a little pouch inside where the money goes. Isn't it cute? I got this idea from Dawn at her stamping studio and if anyone is interested to see how to make it, go here. She has step by step video of how to make it. I love the versatility of this card, you can also use it for birthday, and of course wedding and any other occasion that calls for money giving.
Don't you just love it?
Anyways, doing something creative like this is such a big stress-reliever for me. My next project or at least for this week is making leis. I've mentioned before how leis are big here in Hawaii. People use leis for every occasion and with graduation in a few days, my daughter have a ton of friends she wants to give leis to so I can't wait to get started on them. I have three different leis that I will be working on...candy lei, the ever popular among kids, ribbon lei and money lei. A lot of work but a lot of fun too. That's why I'm so glad my MIL will be coming in a couple of days, she can help Steph and I make the leis and she gets to learn how to make a lei. Who knows she just might start trend when she goes back to Arizona...woohoo...lol. For this kind of creation I would gladly ignore my kids for a few days and I wouldn't mind that at all...lol....kidding. So, aside from this little creation of mine, this weekend is proving to be a peaceful one.
By the way...thank you all for the support and understanding as I was trying to ramble my thoughts out of my head..it's such a relief to be able to ramble on knowing there are people who care what one's experiencing at the moment. Hope you all are having a nice peaceful Memorial weekend. God bless!!

13 comments:
Glad you figured out the cause to the troublesome time. I am hoping that the surgery I had last week will remedy that completely (everyone responds differently to the surgery).
Hey, those are seriously cute cards. I still proudly display my Mother's Day card from you. Are you sure you can't move here and be my personal card-maker???
I thought you were the one moving here..you not only get to launch around the beach soaking up the sun but you have your card-maker at your peck and call...lol.
I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and it wasn't too major for you. How lucky for you not be have that annoying monthly visitor..lol.
Crap, that means I have to make some leis. This graduation thing is not fun for people like me.
i love that little graduation card; very cute!!
Cute cards!!
Glad you're feeling better too!
both cards are WAY cute... I made my own grad card (less cute) but then totally spaced sending it so my niece had to survive with just an e-mail. Maybe I'll get myself to the post office before summer's over???
LOL@crap. Sorry Martha but I'm sure you'll do great. A friend of mine said she doesn't do leis for graduation, she gives away Catorade but another easy thing you can do is just buy little bags of candies, the ones that thy hang in the store and just tie a ribbon to it and you're good to go.
Thank you Noelle, I like it too.
Jeanie..I feel much better and thanks for stopping by.
T..aww, I'm sure you'll get that out to her..I don't think she'd mind it being late as long as she gets it. I still have graduation announcement/invitation to send out and the graduation is this Thursday. I also spaced out when it comes to mailing stuff, I always forget to go the PO and drive right past it.
Hey, I love the cards! I'll have a graduate next year. I'll have to remember these ideas.
Oh, and thanks for leaving such thoughtful comments on my blog. Have a great Memorial Day!
Hey, that was the exact same thing that was plaguing me too! I feel so much better. I slept for 3 hours on Friday afternoon.
I love the cards. You are so creative. Happy Graduation to your daughter.
And have fun with the MIL. Hope you got your house clean.
You are SO talented and creative! I love those!
WOW!! I love those cards!! Your a talented lady!!
HEYYYYY! Guess what! I was just cleaning off my desk because my daughter is having a slumber party. And guess what I found? This super cute birthday from A Saltz. OMGOSH. I hadn't even seen it. Do tell how it all went down? How did it get on my desk without me seeing or reading it? If there was anything delicious with it I don't know about it. You can make something up if you want and I will believe that you gave it to me.
You must have thought me so rude for not saying thank you.
THANK YOU! You are the sweetest. And the card is so beautiful.
You da bomb!
How is your visitor? How was graduation? I'm sure you are very very busy!
LY
OMG Crash...you mean to tell me that your son didn't give you your Bday card? I dropped it off right after school and one of the twins was outside playing with his friends so I gave him the card, told it's a bday card for you.
I was wondering if you did get it and now I know...ahahah, it's funny because my kids do that to me too. People dropped off goodies for me and they ate them and never bother mentioning til I found out from the person who gave me the stuff. But no, I'm sorry to say I didn't bring any treats with your card, I was thinking about driving around all over Oahu to find you some Code Red but didn't.
I will be posting about graduation in a couple of days as soon as my guests leave. I am enjoying their visit..lol.
Post a Comment