Here's the first one I made: This is a crayon roll. Instead of carrying around a box of crayon, this roll stores the crayons nicely and keeps them padded really good so they don't break easily.
I had so much fun making this and it didn't take me long to make this project. The stitches may be a little crooked but since it's my first time making this, I am actually proud of this little accomplishment.
Here's my next attempt at sewing: a reverible totebag.
Isn't this cute? When you get tired of one side color, you can turn it out and you got yourself a new color. Both the totebag and the crayon rolls were fun to make and I thought I'd use different bold colors, my daughter's favorite colors.
If any of you want to try making these two items, head on over here and check out their tutorial guide on the crayon roll and the reversible totebag. That blog has loads of fun and easy creative projects to make even those who think they don't have a creative bone in their body can do. Trust me, this is coming from a person who was never creative and can't sew except the occasion straight line {although the lines come out crooked} sewing.
The recipient of these two items just love them. She's carrying these two items around all over the place along with the rest of the gifts she got for her birthday. I made the totebag because she loves purses and of course she loves drawing so the crayon roll is just the perfect thing for her to take with her when we go to church or on any outing.
Anyways, just thought I'd share what I've made this week as far as the creativity thing goes. Our card swap is scheduled for next week Saturday so I will be posting some cards or Halloween treat ideas, so stay tuned!! In the meantime, enjoy this little creation of mine and feel free to drool over it if you want...LOL...{soo joking on the drooling part}. Have a great weekend.

5 comments:
What cute ideas! Love it, thanks for sharing.
Wow... The crayon roll looks awesome! and the tote looks perfect as a scripture bag... Thanks for the links!
You're most welcome, Lisa. I can't wait to tackle some more of their creative ideas.
Iwa..you're up early and yay!! Happy to see you here. Yes those two items are awesome. That was what my daughter Jen said about the tote bag when I finished making it. I think they have a scripture making mutual night coming up...hmmmmm, maybe I'll take mine and see if they can make it, it's the easiest thing ever to make.
The crayon roll, as soon my oldest daughter saw it {she graduated this past June so she's in RS now and on the home enrichment committee} she wants me to make more to auction off on our next RS enrichment auction night coming up.
Totally touched my heart that my girls love my little attempt at creativity.
Great job hun!!
You are getting even more creative every minute. Those are cool.
Post a Comment