10/29/09

De-Stress Thursday (1st One)

A fellow blogger does a De-Stress post every week and I love reading them...very helpful stuff she got. For this week's De-Stress Thursday, she invited anyone interested to list about 100 things that make them happy. I actually like this one because once I'm done writing my list, I'm sure I'll be able to put my life back into perspective. So, here goes:

Anjeny list's of 100 things that makes her happy: (the order of this list is random)
  1. The sound of my kids playing nicely together
  2. Jen singing
  3. Kaitlin singing and dancing
  4. Hanging out with my kids doing anything and everything fun
  5. Making cards
  6. Ladies' night out
  7. Cuddling up in bed with hubby and just chatting about anything
  8. Sleeping
  9. Hanging out with my friends
  10. Listening to my teen girls telling about their latest crush or boy interest
  11. Reading a really good book
  12. The new book club I joined
  13. Home Enrichment night
  14. Family Home Evening
  15. Reading my scriptures
  16. Teaching the Beehive class in Young Women
  17. Playing the piano
  18. Goofing around with my kids
  19. Singing karaoke with my family
  20. Getting new craft ideas
  21. Attending my Card Swap
  22. Receiving different cards from the ladies and looking through each card
  23. Love swapping homemade cards with other people
  24. Kaitlin giving me kisses and hugs
  25. Jonathan telling me I'm the most beautiful mom in the world (hey, I'm only human, I'm bound to be conceited sometime)
  26. Eating Steph's yummy baking
  27. Of course, kisses and hugs from my hubby
  28. Kev's attempt at cheering me up with his goofiness when I'm down
  29. Being a LDS
  30. When hubby and all the kids are home
  31. Friends
  32. Family
  33. The Gospel in my life
  34. Talking on the phone with my siblings/parents and my mother-in-law( her)
  35. Going to the beach with my family
  36. Going on any kind of outing with my family
  37. Alone time (need this time to rejuvenate myself)
  38. Sleeping in on weekends
  39. Homemade gifts
  40. Getting presents from anyone
  41. Playing games with my kids
  42. When I finally get any part of the house cleaned or organized
  43. Visiting with friends or friends visiting with me
  44. Browsing around in a bookstore
  45. Shopping for shoes
  46. Hanging out in a baby section of a store
  47. The smell of a newborn baby
  48. Holding a new born in my hands
  49. Being a witness to a baby's mildstone moments
  50. Sound of laughter coming from my kids
  51. Shopping with my daughters
  52. Going to the movies with my sons
  53. Watching scary movies with my son Chris
  54. Going trick-o-treating with my kids
  55. Christmas music/carols
  56. Christmas morning
  57. The looks on my kids' face on Christmas morn when they are opening their presents
  58. To see my hubby relaxing (he's way too hyper and stress, can't sit still)
  59. Discovering a new hobby
  60. Creating something with my hands for my kids/hubby
  61. Showing off a recently done craft projects to my family for their ooohs and aaahs
  62. Playing dress up with Kaitlin
  63. Playing dollhouse with Kaitlin
  64. Watching my boys play fairy tales story with Kaitlin (such good big brothers)
  65. Listening to Jen tells me about her day at school or evening at work
  66. Eating seafood ( sushi and shrimp)
  67. Kids' ready cooperation when it comes to doing chores
  68. Getting surprises from friends & family
  69. Receiving a StampinUp order (like Christmas everyday)
  70. When every member of my Card Swap group shows up for our Card night
  71. When I'm around positive and happy people
  72. Going to craft fair
  73. Window shopping for home furnitures
  74. It rained after a long hot sunny dry weather spell
  75. Going on dates with my hubby (even if it's just a stroll on the beach)
  76. When my kids are happy
  77. When my kids are not fighting with each other
  78. When we get to church or any other places on time
  79. Cruising around in the car with my girls
  80. Kayaking with my hub and kids
  81. Camping with the family
  82. Jet skiing with friends and family
  83. Trying out a new recipe
  84. Cooking with my friends Laura & Isabelle
  85. Learning a new skill
  86. When the kids aren't sick
  87. When the hubby would surprise me with his spontaneity
  88. When I finished a project
  89. When my kids enjoy the food I cooked
  90. When my kids would snack on fruits instead of junk food
  91. When the kids do things without being told
  92. Read people's comments on my blog
  93. When I get good report about kids from their teachers
  94. When my 18 year old would ask my advice about anything (she's the kind of person who keeps things to herself)
  95. Getting breakfast in bed
  96. When our bills are paid on time
  97. To watch my kids perform in school or church functions
  98. When my hubby sings (he has a wonderful voice)
  99. When I can blog uninterrupted
  100. That I actually can do this post without too much headache (LOL)

There ya go...things that make me happy. As I get close to the end of this list, I find there are still more things I find that make me happy, but I'll just stick with this list. Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Ter said...

some of those things were on my list too before life cruelly took them away from me. :( I can see that much of your happiness also revolves around your husband and kids, which proves I'm not crazy for not being happy now.

I'm glad you have 100 reasons to be happy.

Lisa said...

This is a great list, and probably took a lot of thought. I concur with most of them, except maybe hugs and kisses from your hubby. That would just be weird. But, I like hugs and kisses from MY hubby...

LBBlum said...

love this list-- I am a little concerned that you get a stampinUP order making it Christmas everyday... lol.. just being a brat-- as usual.

Destress Yourself said...

Hi Anjeny,

I love your list. I have a list like this and whenever I want to make myself feel better, I pick something off my list and do it.

The picture on this post is real cute too. Did you take it yourself?

And, your children are beautiful. I see the temple in the back ground behind the picture of you and your hubby.

I am so glad to come across your blog. I love to read stories from Mothers, especially LDS Mother's.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Halloween.

Elizabeth

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yay! You did it!

Great list!!!!

Please email me your mailing address, ok? I thought I had it but I can't find it now....Thanks!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh, that list made me feel good for some reason.

Miss you!