So, a few nights ago, I took my kids to the haunted lagoon. If any of have even been to the Polynesian Cultural Center, you probably enjoyed watching the canoe pageant taken place in their man-made lagoon. That's the same lagoon that they transform into a haunted place at night. I took Steph, Chris, Joey, Danny and Kaitlin with me. Jonathan had gone with friends on the first week they opened up so he didn't want to go again. Jen was going with friends and Kev didn't want to go so that just left those five kids and me. When we got there, Steph saw some of her friends so she decided to go with them.
I think PCC did such a great job of advertising this Halloween event because there were so many people there. There was a long line of people buying ticket and an even longer line of people trying to get on the canoes. My kids and I stood in line for two hours just to go on the canoe ride. I'm glad to say that it was worth the wait although if we ever go back again, I would get the tickets well in advance like we did and be the first ones there so we would be at the front of the line.
{Here we are, just before we got into the canoe. We ran into one of Chris' friend and invited him to join our little group. Even the creatures from Pirates of the Carribean movie came to support this spooky event. Jack Sparrow was the photographer and look how Kaitlin is trying very hard not to look at creepy monster standing next to us...LOL}

So, if any of you are in the area or have friends and family visiting the islands during the month of October, I totally recommend you go check out this totally scary event. Be prepared to be scared of your wits if you are the type of person who likes this kind of stuff. After all it is Halloween month and the one time of the year where it's totally acceptable to see ghosts, goblins, witches and pretty much any creatures that go bump in the night, no? LOL. Yes, my kids and I are totally into the creepy scared out of your wits kinda thing so this was totally right up our alley. The canoe ride was a ride of a lifetime and all the creepy scary creatures who came out to visit us on our ride was spooktacular!!
If you have a hard time visualizing this little image I'm trying to portray, then check this out.

4 comments:
fun fun fun... now I will have to plan to visit in October... wait, that was pretty much a given because the ONLY way I'm ever going to get out there is to do it as an anniversary trip...
Oh my gosh! How fun is that! I would love to go to the Haunted Lagoon. Maybe someday soon...
popping in to say hi.and look at your bloggy spot.
Thank you ladies.
Post a Comment