10/15/09

In Honor of Them

I have an incredible post I was planning on writing today...I even have a really spectucular story to tell about my special day but I've just been made aware that today is a very special and memorable day for a ton of the moms out there who's ever lost a baby. So instead of focussing on myself today, I thought I'd put the spotlight on someone else.

Just so everyone knows, today (October 15th) is Pregancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. There are two blogs that I followed faithfully {although I don't comment on these blogs as faithfully} are prmoting this day (the whole month as a matter of fact) both of whom had lost their babies by stillborn. If any of you reading this post has ever lost a baby through stillborn or miscarriage, go to these two blogs. They are both courageous women who from their trials of losing their angel babies were able to talk about those darkest moments of their lives and still able to come out strong in the end. I have never lost a baby, all six pregnancies came off without any complications so I can't even imagine the pain that these two women had gone through and all those other women out there who'd gone through this trial.


So tonight at 7 p.m., no matter wherever you are on this globe, whether you've lost a baby through pregnancy or not, please remember all those sweet angel babies who've never had a chance to experience this earthly life and light a candle for them.


Ter over at With An Angel on My Shoulder is doing a wonderful and beautiful thing in memory of her baby girl who never made it by sending a traveling teddy bear to any moms who had lost a baby to spread her love. That bear is embarking on his journey today where he will be travelling to any bereaved blogging moms for a whole year. I thought that was the sweetest thing anyone's ever done. I wanted to do something and send some cards with this bear but of course as always, my good ideas usually come too late to be able to do anything about them so I thought I'd spread the word here on my blog. If you want to know more, check her out on her blog and read her story...she really is an incredible woman.

Emily (who happens to be best friend's sister) over at Stepping Stones is also doing something wonderful on her blog. She's started a newsletter on her blog to help those whose suffered the same loss she did able to cope, basically to help any bereaved moms have a place where they can meet and talk about how they're doing in dealing with their loss and know they are not alone and that they should never have to feel that they had to hide how they feel. Another thing I thought was really beautiful about what Emily did was with the help of her sister Swirl, they started a blog called Aloha Remembered where people(women) send in the names of their angel babies to them and they (in this case Swirl since she lives close to the ocean) write the name of the sand and take pictures of them and send them back to the bereaved moms as part of a memento to keep for their babies. Isn't it that just the most thoughtful thing you've ever heard?

If you want to know more, check out those two blogs listed above or go here and here and read their stories. And if you are a bereaved mom or know of any, check these two ladies out....their blogs are really great places to get together to remember the little ones who've left us. I can say that from reading these two ladies, I have learned what things I can say and not say to someone who's just lost a baby and that I don't feel so stupid around them anymore.

So, please remember tonight, in any time zone, any where you are on this globe to remember all those little ones and light a candle for them. I'm sure all of us have experience the loss of a little one either by our own or from someone who know and love, a friend, sister, aunt or mom.

God bless and ♥ to all!!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a wonderful thing they are doing. Thank you for sharing their sites and their crusades.

Anjeny said...

I thought so too. Very sweet of them and thank you for always reading and commenting on here.

April said...

Loved this Anjeny!