Oh wait, I'm a stay at home mom so I guess that doesn't apply to me since basically Saturday is my busiest working day..LOL.
~~~~~~sighs~~~~~~
Yesterday was the last day of school for the kids. As of today, they are officially on their Christmas vacation. Does anyone know what that means? Besides the noise and the constant refereeing that I have to do?! My favorite of all things when the kids are on school break.....I get to sleep in. No more getting up at five or five thirty-ish to drive kids to seminary and then hauling more kids off to school an hour or so later. I love me some sleep and haven't been able to enjoy some serious slumbering because of the early morning schedule my high school kids keep.
So today, I actually slept til ten thirty without anyone knocking on my door, jumping on my bed or calling my name to wake me up. I tell ya, it's heaven. And of course the kids were so happy to get a break from school, they practically laze around all morning doing, practically nothing, ok cross that, they were doing whatever their little hearts desire. And I get to sit around too after I woke up and just enjoy the slow and laziness of the day...no appointment to rush off to, no commitment to keep, Nada, zip, zilch.
I took my final yesterday so you could say I'm officially on a school break too...although since there was only one class I was taking, it didn't feel like much. And last night, our ward had a Christmas party. It was called a night in Bethlehem..we had to dress up in Biblical times and started off the evening with the Primary kids doing a skid of the Savior's birth. We were told in advance to bring canned goods to give to the Bishop, in turn, he and his helpers give us a bag of coins(those fake candy coins) that we can use in the market place to buy food and other merchandise. I tell ya, the activities committee did such a beautiful, it actually felt like you were in Jerusalem peddling goods or bargaining for goods. They even had a live nativity scene set up in the Primary room for anyone to go and have their pictures taken. (Kaitlin fell asleep and my boys each took off on different directions to enjoy the night, we didn't have our pictures taken. And I also forgot to take my camera with me...bummer!) I actually like the set up...there was no Santa in sight, which I think it's very fitting since this party was taken place in a place of worship. I'm glad that someone actually thought to plan a Christmas party where the main focus is on the Savior...not that I have anything against Santa, mind you.
Oh yeah, my daughter Jenn went to Sadie Hawkins and it was so cute she asked this cute boy to be her date. She actually put time, money and effort into this dance. You wanna know how she asked the guy to be her date? She got a shirt, wrote on the front "wash me" and on the back she wrote "Sadie's?". And then she wrote a bunch of girls' name with washable markers and she wrote her name with a permanent marker. And then she had some random person gave the shirt to the boy she wanted to be her date. You see how that worked right? When the boy washed the shirt...all the washable ink disappeared except for her name. He responded by texting one of Jenn's friend that "yes" he will go to Sadie's with her.
Jenn then went out and bought two red t-shirts(red is the boy's favorite color) and have their names written in blue(blue's Jenn's favorite color) on the shirts. So they went to the dance in matching t-shirts in their favorite colors combined. Now, you wanna see what her date looks like?
Don't they look cute together? Yeah, I think so too and I'm not just saying that cuz she's my daughter...LOL. Yep, while we were traveling the road to Bethlehem last night and bargaining for goods in Jerusalem, my daughter was hanging out and dancing her little feet off with some cutie..ahahah. Makes me all the more excited to see how her prom would pan out.
Now, I'm off to plan out a fun night with my hub. It's our date night and Steph's taken all the three little kids with her so I am free to go out and enjoy being with my hub. Hope you are all enjoying the season. Have a great weekend!! ☺
Love,

1 comment:
Aww, You have an awesome ward and an awesome bishop, I love ward Christmas parties!
Hey, Jenny's date is my cousin's Kid! Hope she had an awesome time!
I hope you break is full of long slow sleepy mornings!
Post a Comment