12/1/10

Forgive me Miss Blogger

My Dearest Blog,

If I can compose songs ♫♪ in your honor or even spew some Shakespearean love tragedy story for you, I would, to express how deeply sorry I am for neglecting you for so long. But alas, I can't make anything rhyme nor can I sing in the right tune. All I can say is I'm sorry, so sorry..

If it would help may I just say that life caught up with me and have been dragging me through all kinds of traffic?LOL Would you even permit me to tell you what's been happening to me these last few months? You would? Oh thank you...you are the BEST!!

So where do I even begin....oh gosh. Well, first off, I am really excited that Christmas is upon us. I just Christmas, not the gift getting or the hectic shopping part, more of the feeling that I love about it. I love what Christmas represent and it seems people are a bit more sweeter and kinder this time of year. I love the feeling in the air that Christmas season brings, the beautiful music that comes with it. I could sit and listen to Christmas music all day long. I especially love that my kids would sit at night with all the regular lights off and only the lights on the Christmas tree is on, they would even forgo watching TV or playing on the computer just to sit in front of the tree and talk story. And of course, don't forget the baking smell pastries. (OK, so I haven't been baking anything yet nor has my daughter but still, just the thought of it...*****sighs*****.) And oh another favorite, me making Christmas cards to send to families and friends. I've got loads of fun card ideas and I'm thinking I will be showcasing them as the days draw close to Christmas. (I think even you, Miss Blogger will forgive me of my trespass once you've seen my creation..right? *wink, wink*)

Our Thanksgiving this years was great as always. We spent it with friends at a potluck, OMG, the food. There were so much food and in so many variety, I can honestly say that everyone stuffed themselves like a turkey. And as customary, there were dancing too. That was supposedly a means to work off some of those food we stuffed our face with. So there were lots of eating, visiting, dancing then eating visiting and dancing again. And to close the day off, we had karaoke in the evening. Talk about a bunch of stuff turkeys gobbling into the mics, that was a sight for sore eyes...LOL. (I guess I should count myself lucky that none of those at the party reads my blog, even my family or I would've gotten an earful from that last line...don't tell OK? LOL)

Oh and I forgot...we celebrated a very important birthday this year...a milestone. My son Daniel turned 8 in August so he was baptised.
(He's the one with the candy leis...I think he's more excited to delve into all those candies, lucky kid. LOL) It was a very special occasion for him. I couldn't be prouder of him for making such a mature decision. Since the beginning of the year, he's been reminding me that he's turning eight this year, to make sure I mark on my calendar for a baptism date for him. (Aww, my little baby boy is all grown up and making adult decision...proud of you son.) Talk about birthdays....my Stephanie celebrated her 19Th birthday this year. OMG, I have a practically adult child in my home. What the heck happen?..it seems like it was only yesterday that I came home from the hospital with a pink bundle in my arms and look now she's all grown up. That was practically how old I was when I got married....I am definitely getting old. (Father Time, you need to slow down, my kids are growing bigger and bigger every time I blinked.)

Speaking of which...just before the summer ended, my hub and I went on a camping trip. A scout camping trip, just the two of us along with a bunch of other old people like myself, up on the mountain for two weekends without any kids to speak up and played boy scout for two weekends in a row. I tell ya, it was the absolute best. Just us the old folks, a bunch of trees and tents in our oh so cute boy scout uniforms...no kids in sight. No peeps from any little voices and oh the peace and quiet. Traffic noise was completely unheard of too. And I've learned a ton of useful things mostly on how to be an effective, fun and oh so wonderful scout leader. A greatest tool I picked up which I try using each day since then is the evaluation of self called Stop, Start, and Continue. Basically, every night before I go to sleep, I have to evaluate myself, check what I've done or have been doing throughout the day, month or year, whichever you prefer, but I stick with day(less stressful if it's on a small scale) and decide what I need to stop doing (in this case, stop procrastinating on just about anything, for example), what I need to start doing (I need to start blogging more...you get the picture) and what I need to continue doing if I am already doing good at it (continue smiling, just to make it easy, but you get the picture right?). We did this as a group tool at camp so I just adopt it to use it on myself...my hub who is always thinking on a larger scale is involving the rest of the family. It's a working progress.


And oh...did I mention? I am taking a class @BYUH. It's a Religion slash Relationship class and I am taking it with my hub. It's been a very eye opening and full of very useful information class. It's not a hard class. I am planning on going to school once my little Katie's started Kindergarten so I thought I'd get myself reacquainted with the classroom. I have been having a lot of fun and the professor totally ROCKS!! I think I'm going to stick with one class at a time til Kaitlin starts Kindergarten next school year. I gotta tell ya, it feels absolutely weird sitting in a classroom with kids my daughter Steph's age and it's been interesting.

Anyways, I know dear Miss Blogger I've practically bored you to tears with my attempt at this apology but I just thought I should at least explain a bit of why this lack of blogging all this time. I will definitely START blogging more and seriously STOP abandoning you like this again. DEAL? Will that be enough for you to forgive me? Please pretty please?

Mahalo Plenty,


7 comments:

Lisa said...

Um, who are you again? ;) Your son looks totally dwarfed by his candy leis. Congrats on the Baptism.

The Songer said...

OMG.. Are my eyes deceiving me?

Just know you've been missed.. several times I have come on to you site just to make sure that i wasnt missing anything.. but figured you were going through some life changing things...

Yay for school! Dont you love learning? I totally love the feeling of knowledge being poured into my brain! Good luck! I hope you love it!

Nice to see you back... dont be a stranger!

Anjeny said...

LOL
Lisa, I know, I am the one who was so rude to just up and disappear without a word..eheh.
It's good to read ya again and back into the blogasphere. Thank you.

Iwa..LOL..no, your eyes aren't decieving you. It is good to be back and thank you for checking up on me. Oh yes, I love being back in school esp. when I have such a great teacher. Love ya girl..

val of the south said...

Welcome back!! You were definitely missed :)

DCHY said...

Welcome back. Looking forward to more posts from you. :)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh my gosh. It's so good to see you again.

Happy Birthday! Happy Thanksgiving! Merry Christmas!

Lub the family pic.

Congrats on the class.

And how do you do all those cutie patootie pics in your post?

Anjeny said...

Thank you Val and DCHY..it is good to be back.

@Crash..thank you. You get the ♥ symbol by pressing ALT key and number 3

The ☺, you press Alt key and the number 1

The ♪, press ALT key with number 13
The ♫, press ALT key and number 14


Cool, uh? I'm still trying to figure out how to do wink and frown.