2/13/09

A Proud Moment w/a Sprinkle of Humor

My son, Joey, was chosen Super Citizen for the month of January from his class. As is customary, the Elementary School holds an assembly and invites the kids' family to come and support their kids as they receive this award. This award is usually given out every month and the teachers from each class picks out two or three students who are usually good students, basically the kids who are very cooperative in class, do their homework, good participants and helpers in class. So every month different students are picked from each class to receive this award.

So the assembly was held this morning. Here's my son with his certificate and candy leis I made for him. The kid loves candy so to have at least four leis all made out of candy, that is almost like getting presents on Christmas day for him. We are so proud of him for his accomplishment. This is his third year receiving this award.

Anyways, I got home this morning from the assembly, checked my email and a dearest friend of mine sent this to me. {Thanks, Brandi!!} I thought it was kinda funny so I thought I'd share it.

Last week....Shrek, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were all having lunch together.

Shrek said, "I have always thought that I'm the strongest man in the world, but how can I be sure?"

Angelina Jolie agreed. "I'm told I'm the most gorgeous woman of them all, but sometimes I wonder."

Brad Pitt said,"I'm pretty sure I'm the sexiest man alive but I've never had it confirmed."

They all decided that
the best way to find out if their beliefs were true was to ask the famed talking "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall" to confirm for them whether Shrek was the strongest, Angelina was the most gorgeous and Brad was the sexiest. They agreed to meet again the next day for lunch to discuss their findings.

The next day Shrek walked up with a smile. "Well, it's true. The mirror told me that I am the strongest man in the world."

Brad Pitt perked up and said, "And I know for sure that I'm the sexiest man alive."

But, Angelina Jolie lifted her sad, gorgeous face and said...

"Who the heck is ANJENY?!!!"


If you find this even a tad bit humorous, you can either copy this and email it to anyone you know or you can blog it...you never know who might be cheered up from reading this. Oh yeah, just remember to take my name out of the last line and put your name in there instead.

BTW, on my right sidebar, you will notice the Magic Quilt button...you might want to check it out by either clicking on the button or click here. The owner came up with this wonderful idea about putting together a traveling quilt that will go to different cancer patients who either blogs or related to someone who blogs. It's such a sweet and generous idea and gesture that I've made a contribution of my story on there as a kind of a little tribute yesterday to my late mom since it was her birthday.

P.S. Happy Valentine to y'all and have a great weekend.

10 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

What a good looking kid. I love it when others think our kids are as great as we do.

Very funny joke. I did LOL.

And I'm first. woohoo

TisforTonya said...

small world - we're not only both blogging about Angelina Jolie but I actually went to my kids' elementary school today to help them make candy leis for their Valentine party :)

Heidi said...

Candy leis? Sounds delicious!

Anjeny said...

Wooohooo, Hamster Chick is first!! I am happy that little joke made you LOL. And I am totally with you, I love it when someone else thinks any of my kids are great. Thank you for commenting.

Wow T, you were making leis today? I'm sure the kids had loads of fun. It is definitely a small world.

Heidi, candy leis are a big thing here in Hawaii. Every occasion you can see candy lei stands on the side of the road along with flower and ribbon leis. People use candy leis for all kinds of special occasions especially for kids. I know uh, yummy indeed. Lots of cavities, tho..LOL.

LBBlum said...

was at a car appointment today- congrats to Joey!

val of the south said...

I want a candy lei! Way better than flowers!

Your son is so cute! Congrats!

Anjeny said...

Thanks Swirl..did you know Hugh got received an award at the assembly?

Hi Val...thanks for the compliment on my son. Yeah, kids love getting candy lei here, actually I like it too, I can just make those to give away to any kids and they are happy. Thanks for visiting.

TisforTonya said...

now I need to know... is the hubby in the doghouse or did he come through with something good?

Ter said...

wow, it must make you feel good knowing you're the sexiest woman on earth. lol ;)

Will take a peek at the magic quilt....

Anjeny said...

LOL T...he did something good. I left it totally up to him and he took me out.

Hi Ter...it does feel good to feel beautiful even if it was in mock fantacy...lol.