2/16/09

What Is This I'm Feelling?

I don't know what to do with myself today. I don't even know how to describe how I am feeling right now. Maybe somebody can describe this feeling to me. I don't want to come out exactly and say I feel depressed because there is absolutely no reason or cause to feel this way. And everything is going great here. Then again maybe what my hubby and kids are doing to the house outside is what's causing this feeling.

I had a great weekend, even a great week last week. I was in such an upbeat feeling, nothing was getting me down. I had loads of fun mocking Angelina Jolie {virtual style, of course} and blaming Angelina Jolie for everything on Friday...eheheheh.

Saturday I had a great V-Day. The day started out with me driving my daughter to her canoe race and talking to my MIL in the phone. I love talking to her, whenever I need a pick me upper, she is just the person to go to. Then we had a Ward V-Day breakfast at our chapel. My hubby and I had fun teasing each other about who's giving who the most candy with creative love tidbits to go with it. Then we went out to a nice Restaurant for dinner and movie afterward and then took me shopping. And of course, I spent Saturday doing absolute nothing and everything my heart desired.

Yesterday which was Sunday, the kids were on better behavior than their usual Sunday behaviors. Remember I posted earlier about how I was to teach a Young Woman class? Well, I can honestly and gladly say that I did a stupendous job if I do say so myself. My daughter who's in the class even paid me a compliment...yay!! So, would I say my Valentine weekend was great? Absolutely yes!

So, if my weekend was great, why is today so crappy? The sun is shining beautifully and I actually slept in this morning since there was no school. Why do I feel like I just can't seem to drag myself off of the couch to even go take a shower and go out to enjoy the sunshine?

Well, you know when there's a special occasion coming and you spent days ahead prepping for and looking forward to it with incredible amount of energy and then the day came, you did what you planned, enjoyed it even and then after that event, there's this overwhelming feeling of let down, like life is over and there was nothing to look forward to again? I don't know if any of you feel this, but I go through this every time a major event comes up.

Then again, like I said, maybe I should blame this feeling on the fact that my hubby and kids are outside happily painting our house the color gray....GRAY I'm telling ya. Isn't that the most boring, depressing not to mention the most puke inducing color to put on a house? It is totally adding a major damper on my mood to see that color covering my beautiful and peaceful beige color that we painted the house with before. So, I'm sitting in my clean white walls house that I spent last week cleaning blogging about my hubby changing my beautiful beige color of the outside walls into gray color.

His response when I asked him why that color was because he has two five-gallons of gray paint he bought at Home Depot that were on SALE. Sheesh, I suppose that totally justify turning the color of one's house into a boring color just because he saved a great deal of money on that particular paint. Why can't I be feeling down because I'm having a bad hair day?

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi--I have to admit, I probably wouldn't like gray unless there was lots of nice bright white trim. I hear you about the let down after a big event--Saturday was one of the biggest days of my entire life and yesterday and today I could just spit nails.

Eliza said...

Since my hubby was out of town all weekend, I'm not experiencing any let down (because there was no build up!)

You could alway paint your front door bright red!

Gran Denny said...

Good morning, well today is a great new day, there's probably a new exciting adventure just waiting around the corner for you. Hope today brings a special moment to you somewhere along the way

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh Anjeny!!!! GRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!


Because it was on sale????????????

That is totally Anjelina Jolie's fault.

Or you can blame it on my hair if you want.

Oh you poor thing. I hope this doesn't put a damper on your mood every day!

I'm so sad for you.

At least your blog is a happy place to be. I JUST LOVE IT!

Anjeny said...

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for visiting and thanks for the words of encouragement. Means a lot.