I don't know if I'm an American Idol fan or not. I watch the show but it's not a show where I have to drop everything I'm doing right at the moment to watch or I schedule my life around like the Korean Soaps I watch. Last year I actually watch the whole season of American Idol, from beginning to the end. The year before was kind of off and on and the year before that. This year, I did watch the auditions but I think I've missed out on a lot of the showing. So the last two nights I decided I would just go and check out what's happening.
I've stumbled upon a few blogs who has done some reviews of the show and I think I even came across a blog who's boycotting American Idol...after watching the last two nights, I think I can understand why someone would want to boycott that show.
OK so yesterday I was driving my kids to school and was listening to the local radio station when the DJs were talking about American Idol. One of them was a bit upset, said she only watched the first two performers but was so upset at the results that she changed the channel and never went back to finish the show. So then the other DJ gave his feedback or review and he said that after watching the last few years' show, he had concluded that there are five different kinds of people who watch the show.
I find it very interesting, that's why I thought I'd blog about it and see where my readers fall under. I still can't figure out which group I fall under, I think I'm more on the last group. The five groups are as follows:
The second group is the Haters....These people can't stand the show but they watch it just so they can vote on the worst performer just to see if that person they voted for get to come back the next week. I guess there will always be these kinds of people who tend to make life more difficult for other people to enjoy anything.
The fourth group are the True Fans...these are the ones who watch it because they really like the competition and to them it was a worthwhile entertainment so they voted for the ones who they think is the best performer and they want the best to win. And of course, they do take the time to find out as much information about each contestants as they can and even pick out their favorites based on the ability of the person.
Now that you've read this, which one of these five groups do you belong under? Don't be shy, go in my comment box and leave me a comment. If you don't watch the show at all or don't give a rat's behind about it, voice it baby...lol. You want my take on the show? I don't know, I don't hate the show but I don't love it either. There's one contestant I would rather not see on there but he/she's there and apparently doing a good job so I will wish that person all the luck and may be best singer win.
There ya go folks, my very small take on the media world...LOL. Enjoy!!











8 comments:
I am a "true fan", though I am getting tired of the show. I don't fall into the "hate it" category, though. My love of late is Biggest Loser, but I know I want Danny Gokey to win.
(Biggest Loser runs against AI, so I am now a commercial jumper)
Oh crap - I'm totally embarassed to say I fall into the "total fan" department. I'm addicted. It's very, very sad.
That's all I'm sayin'. ;)
I'm a bit of an addict myself. Every year I say I am not going to watch it again because it drags on forever and takes 2 nights of my week and all that. But every year I am sucked back in. I fall in love with the cute boys who can sing (and some who cannot) my children make fun of me. It is pathetic. I also love Danny Gokey and Kris and somewhat embarrassed to admit that I am digging Adam as well...auuugh I am hopeless!
Hi Ladies...it's cool that you guys are true fans...I don't think anything is sad about that.
2busy, I hear ya on that one..the show is great but sometimes it does seem to drag on.
Susan, you shouldn't be embarrassed to be a true fan. At least you are watching the show because you love it.
Sandi..too funny that your kids make fun of you. Kids!! They can be real cruel, uh? LOL..My kids and hubby are making fun my obsession over Korean show so I feel ya!!
Thanks ladies for responding, you gals are the bomb!!
I am a true fan, but with kind of a twist. I haven't voted once this year, or looked up info on my faves - although I have in the past. This year I never seem to get around to voting. I'm also very hyper-critical and tend to love train-wrecks. AI is the perfect show for watching train-wrecks, over analyzing exactly why any given performanc was a train wreck, and quantifying exactly how much it sucked. So see why I love it so much :) But I do love the surprise of those rare brilliant moments every season has, like when when Melinda Doolittle did 'My Funny Valentine' (really, she didn't do anything that wasn't brilliant, imo), Bo Bice did 'Whipping Post', Davis Cook did 'Billy Jean', or this season when Kris did 'Ain't No Sunshine. And if you're not convinced from all this that I'm a true fan, the length of this comment is further proof :D
Nevada chick...you are true blue fan...lol. I can clearly see you are devoted to AI, you seem to know what you are talking about. Those contestants are really lucky to have people like you backing them up even if you haven't voted for them this year.
I haven't voted at all this year. Funny thing was last year, I voted every week for my favorite contestants, this year, I don't think I have a favorite. What's even funnier is that I'm actually looking forward to next week's performance, the disco version. Not that I'm a disco fan but I'm curious to see how they do, I know Adam might do good since he's been doing pretty good with the fast songs so far. Can't wait to read your review next week if you are writing one.
I predict that Adam will really bug me on Disco night :D I fully expect to feel creeped out during his performance. I also predict that Lil Rounds will tackle a big huge hit song like 'I Will Survive', and completely fail. I would love it if someone did a Rolling Stones or Rod Stewart disco song.
Disco rules, btw!!! :) Love it!
Post a Comment