4/23/09

Look how creative I can be.....


For Christmas, along with my gifts she made me, my Mother-in-Law sent me this cute little tin-can with a little note asking me to make something for her. She loves getting pictures of her kids and grand kids so I was always looking for creative ways to make pictures of our family to send to her as gifts so I don't just send plain pictures. One year I made this cute little album in a can, where I took pictures of our family and using an Altoids tin can, I transfer it into a cute little album. It was just the perfect gift for her because she can carry it with her wherever she goes and when she wants to show off her son and his family who live in Hawaii, all the has to do was take that little tin album out and show them. It was such a hit that this year, she sent me this tin can you see here. And a little note telling me to make another one for her since the kids are older and there's a new addition to our family.

create animated gif
So, that's what I did. I took the tin can and with a little more creativity, I turned the empty can into this work of art...brilliant, uh?

Here's the tin again, closed. (She loves cats so the lid is perfect, I don't need to do anything to it.)


This is what it looks like when it's opened up. I was supposed to have a picture of my hubby but I didn't get around to taking any recent one of him, but will do that before I give this to my MIL. The next moving picture shows what it looks like all finished. I still need to put a picture of my son Chris on there. He was also missing when I was taking pictures of the other kids.

create animated gif
The first page is supposed to be where my hubby's picture goes, then mine, Stephanie, Jennifer, Christopher(picture missing), Jonathan, Joseph, Daniel, and then Kaitlin.


Here's what it looks like when I pull the pages of the album out page by page. Pictures of hubby and oldest son are missing from this album. I have to teach the Beehive class tonight on how to make this pull-out album so I was a bit pressed for time.














This is what the whole album looks like completely pulled out. I used ribbon and gold brads to attach the pages together. It was a such a fun thing to make. I still need to put some embellishments on each of the pages.


My MIL's birthday is the first of May and also with Mother's day coming up, this is just the perfect present for her. Since she is coming to attend my daughter's graduation close to the end of May, I still have more time to keep playing with this to make it even prettier. I might change the pictures altogether.

So what ya think? Love it? I know, I love it myself so I just might make one for myself soon with just the kids. If you would like to have one of these, leave me a comment telling me your birthday and I will make you one....you can decide on what colors you want and whose pictures you would like on it....see, I'm very generous that way.


(Becky{mom}, if you read this, call me and tell me what you think of your gift. Better yet, leave a comment telling everyone what a wonderful daughter-in-law I am..eheheh.)

19 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I love cats also, that tin is way too cute. Very impressive skills there girl. Love it. And I am sure you MIL will also.

MakingChanges said...

Brilliance. You are simply brilliant. Looks professional and uber creative! I want one.

Gran Denny said...

Anjeny you are soo talented, what a great idea, your family are very spoiled if they receive beautiful gifts like this, what a great way to win a MIL's favour. You're so creative, thank you for sharing your ideas.

Amanda said...

Anjeny!!! so creative and super cute! I adore it :)

Lisa said...

Very creative of you! I love it, it is so cute! It's that Stampin' up lady in ya...

Anjeny said...

NHC...thank you. Yeah, my MIL is cat lover so it's neat that she was able to find this can with the picture of the cat. I know she will love this one.

Julie..I know uh, I actually have fun making this. Now that it's almost finished, I'm thinking about keeping it for myself...but that wouldn't be nice so I'm going to make one soon. Since you want one, I'll make you one, just send me pictures of who you want on in it and your color preference, aight?

Gran...thank you, you're so sweet. I'm glad you like it. I like making stuff for my MIL, she's my biggest fan when it comes to my creativity..eheh.

Amanda..thank you girl. I think I might do a give-away using this, well not exactly this one but you know, something like this.

2busy..you are too kind. Yeah, I love StampinUp, it's taught me so much and seems to have brought some creativity out of me even when I didn't think I had any to begin with.

Thank you ladies for your kind words. My head is swelling up for all that flattery. I'm glad you ladies like this little creation of mine.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

OMGOSH!!!!! You are incredible!!! Did you learn that from your Big Ass Crafting book?

Anjeny said...

Ahahahahah...very funny Crash..big ass indeed. That would be really something uh, learning something from a big ass...lol.

You really are cracking me up, get it? Crack, as in, nevermind, it's nasty and it's all your fault with that comment...lol.

Amanda said...

picture me snickering behind my cupped hands...you girls are too funny.

hmmm snickering....snickers
I think I need to hit the 7-11 on the corner! Thanks for the inspiration :)

LBBlum said...

I can't believe you finished it- I just saw it two days ago.. and it was just a jumble of ideas!!! you are brilliant!

Anjeny said...

LOL Amanda..funny you mentioned the snickers cuz my son came home with candy leis and snickers are the bars he set aside for me..sweet uh?

Swirl, you would be amazed at what a deadline can do to a person..lol. I had to teach the Beehive class how to make this project and when I was telling them to bring their tins, they were not as enthusiastic so I had to finish this so I can show them what I was talking about.

April said...

I LOVE IT!!! (not a cat liker, sorry!) but the inside was awesome!!!! You are so talented!

Anjeny said...

Hi April...so good to read your prints and see your smile. I'm not a cat lover myself so you're good..lol. And thank you, you are very sweet.

Hope all is well with you.

val of the south said...

Anjeny - that is so darn cool! I love it! I'm going out to get altoids tomorrow so I can try making one! I threw away all my old tins 'cause I didn't know what to do with them.

I absolutely LOVE this. Thanks for sharing!!

Is it attached to the tin - if so, how did you do it?

wv: redri
I think it's telling me I need to reapply my soft-n-dri. Your wv is both helpful and rude!

Anjeny said...

Hey Val, lovely to see you. I will be checking up on you to see how yours turn out.

And yes, the whole thing is attached to the tin...I used ribbon to attach the pages together and at each end I left some ribbon on and that's what I used to attach to the inside of the tin and then clue a piece of cards over the ribbon to keep it sturdy. Let me know if you need more help with it...I'm thinking maybe I'll do a video of this and post it on here if enough people are interested in it. So let me know, I'll do one just for you, aight?

Have fun!!

Anjeny said...

Oh yeah..about WV, it's been hanging out with Crash's WV, that's why it's soo rude...eheheh.

val of the south said...

Thanks for the directions - I can't wait to try it! I'll let you know how it turns out. I'd love a video!

I think Crash's WV is a bad, bad influence. It is behaving much better today though!

Anjeny said...

Yay!! Can hardly wait!!

I'll try to work on that video sometime this week or next week, I'll let you know when I manage to pull that off..lol.

Vickie said...

That is a lovely box! What a good idea!

I had noticed you had made a comment over a Happy Jeannie's World about the card I made for her. Thank you for the nice comment:)