12/13/08

Blame it on the rain!

Last night was terrible. The road got blocked because of a pole that got knocked down and the traffic was held up on both side of the road all night...well almost all night.

Because of that, I totally missed out on the Willie K concert and my daughter didn't get to perform in that concert.

Ok, I know I didn't sound like I care about attending the concert in my last post but you see, I got involved in the set up so I figured if I'm gonna get involved, I might as well enjoy myself.

I went to Turtle Bay at three in the afternoon to decorate the stage, well at least part of the stage, so it looks Christmas-y. I spent almost two hours to get that done even with help from one of the other moms. The kids in the choir were suppose to be performing the opening numbers for the concert so after I finished decorating, I came back to the house to pick up my daughter {they (the choir) were suppose to meet at Turtle Bay at five to go over the sound check since the concert starts at seven} and when I got home, it was already five. She quickly grabbed what she needs for the concert and on the way out, that's when I saw the cars. {We live really close to the highway, I can see the road from my dining room window/back door.} It took us a whole hour to drive a from our house to a store two blocks away. We were literally sitting in the long line of cars for a whole hour.

One of the pole on the road further down the road by one of the beach parks here in Hauula had been knocked down with a wire laying in the middle of the rain. At that moment, there was also heavy rain, thunder and lightning. It was so bad that they wouldn't let either traffic from either side of the road to go through. To make matters worse, the power was out.

Well, after sitting in traffic for a whole hour, we decided to go home since there was no way we will be able to get through. Several of the cars before had already turned around to back the other way. The people who were coming from the opposite directions got out of their cars and walked if they wanted to keep going.

Sad to say, we missed the whole thing, the concert I mean. All that preparation (on my daughter's part) and the money spent on the tickets just went down the drain. I was a little disappointed, I really wanted to see Willie K. Sorry thing about it is that just before I finished decorating, Willie K. showed up, to do some last minute prep on his part. I didn't even get my autograph thinking I have plenty of time after the concert to do it. {How was I to know that there would be problem later?} Oh well................

I tell you, when it rains, it sure does pour. I fervently hope the rain would let up soon and I mean stop completely.

4 comments:

Worldsound said...

Aloha, bummer about the Willie K show.... But it would be nice to have you and your ohana come out to the Na Leo Holiday music show with Keali'i Reichel, Hoku Zuttermeister, Kaukahi and Kaumakaiwa plus over 100 Hula Dancers & Miss Hawaii USA 2009 Aureana Tseu?

Worldsound said...

Sorry got cut off, we are trying to bring real great Hawaiian music and Hula back to the middle of Waikiki and this Waikiki-nei theater, it's really super special. Please help spread the word, we need local support not just visitors....

I hope Willie K can play down here in the very near future, he is truly an awesome Hawaiian treasure~

Doncha Wannano said...

Hey sorry about your concert. I read about this on the blog crash test dummy... how weird is that? You seem like a busy, busy Mom with a great ohana. (The only reason I know ohana is from Lilo and Stitch, sorry I'm so lame.) I will have to observe how you do it from your blog so I can better myself. Thanks for visiting me! Mele kalikimaka! (That's the other one of three phrases/words that I know. Be in awe of my cultural awareness! or please help teach me some new ones.)

Anjeny said...

Hello worldsound, thanks for stopping by. When is the Na Leo Music concert going to be? You're right, my family would love to come down and watch the show.
Doncha, thank you for the comment. I really enjoyed visiting your blog, it was fun. Feel free to stop in anytime. Oh yeah, you're a real quick study. Keep up the good work!