I just got home from attending our last Ward Temple night of the year. I hardly ever made it out to our previous Ward Temple nights because there always seemed to some reason that kept me from attending our Ward Night. I suppose mostly I prefer going to Ward Temple night if my husband can attend too but him having to commute to work in Town, he was never able to get home in time for us to attend the temple with our Ward.
You see, the Laie Temple is going to be closed at the end of this month and will be closed for eighteen months for renovations. So when our Bishop announced on Sunday that tonight is our last temple night and will be the last one til the temple opens back up eighteen months from now, my husband immediately suggested we go. We were to attend the six o'clock session and he came home twenty minutes past five. I was a little worried, didn't want to be late and have to wait for the next session hour.
Well, we did make it there ten minutes before the hour but luckily they said we still can make the six o'clock session. Now the amazing thing about it was that when we got there, the temple worker asked us to be the witnessing couple. That was such a relief for me because since they've assigned us that, they wouls have to wait for us.
A few things happened to me while I was there, first off when I rented temple clothing, the cashier gave me a way too big dress for me, I was actually swimming in it....so I had to sit in my little stall (in my slip) and waited for one of the workers to exchange the dress and get me the right size.
Then when we were in the session, and this is sooooo embarrassing, I fell asleep near the beginning that the lady worker had to wake me up for the ordinance.
Then when the session was over, I went to change my clothes, I wasn't paying attention, I went to open my locker only to find out the key did not work.....that was when I notice that I was in the wrong aisle and wrong stall with the wrong locker....sheesh.
(This whole incident reminds me of a similar embarrassing experience I had last December. Swirl, myself and three other friends decided to go to a Saturday morning session and I guess we must be excited about being able to go together for the first time we got a little too noisy for the temple that we were reprimanded by one of the temple worker. Yeah, Swirl will swear on her new little houses that it was me who made all the noises which is totally untrue since it was my idea for us to attend the session in the first place.)
Well, once I was nudged awake by the temple worker, I managed stay awake for the rest of the session. We had a nice potlock afterward. And even though I had some embarrassing moment tonight, I was really happy that I was able to go to the temple tonight with my husband. We haven't gone together for a long time; I usually just go with one of my friends.
12/9/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
hee hee.
Your verifier say zoodx.
Going to the temple can feel like that. I always pretend I'm cleaning my house before I go to the temple. I don't tell anyone I'm going, not even my husband. Then I quickly change, grab my recommend and bolt before the oppostion can harrass me.
I went to the wrong locker last time I went too. And I put my dress on backwards, fo' real.
But at least I didn't fall asleep. I PAY ATTENTION. hee hee.
That's hilarious.
Ok Crash, I did start paying attention after I was nudged awake. My hubby saw the nudging thing and I'm not sure he wants to attend the temple with me again, that was embarrassing for him...sheesh, how does he think I feel?
Btw, I just voted for you...I do hope you win. I love your posts, always made my day. You should announce it on your blog and don't pay attention to any of those troublemakers.
Anjeny - see! I wasn't even THERE! Last time we went- (last week) It was sooooo full .. I was sitting back row.. behing the men! We couldn't see anything.. all those tall men in front of us.. I'll admit. I fell asleep too.
BUT YOU HAD front row seats! (tee hee) Sorry- I'm not giggling at you.. but with you.. or something like that.
Hey Anjeny! Miss you guys over in Hawaii. Don't even tell me Stephanie is 17!!! We're having fun over here in AZ! I'm going to add you to my blog list.
Hi Susan,
Thanks for stopping by. Yes, Stephanie is 17, will be graduating this coming June, can you believe it? Glad to hear you're having fun over there. Today it was raining so badly, they cancelled school, the island was on flash flood warning almost all day. Well, the sun is out now but now the Hawaiian Electric is working to restore power for a lot of towns. It's a good thing we still have our power.
BTW, my mother-in-law lives over there in AZ.
Post a Comment