I don't know what's going on.....all of a sudden this week, my evening/nights were booked with one thing or another. Usually weeknights around here are pretty tame, from around 7 p.m. and on, everyone's winding down from a long day and is spent quietly at home. If there ever was any activities or events that either the family or I do, it usually happen only once or at the most twice a night during the week. But for some reason, from Monday this week up to this Saturday, I have been attending meetings/activities one after the other.
Monday night, I know it's FHE night, but I have to attend a mandatory meeting at the high school for my oldest daughter who is a senior year. The meeting was suppose to finalize everything that the seniors need to do and what parents need to take care of before the seniors graduate in June. {I don't recall my High School doing something like this when I was a Senior, but then again, being from a small island, I guess things are done differently than here.}
Tuesday night, of course, was our Ward Temple night which I attended with my husband. And I posted a post about it on the last post.
Wednesday night was another Parent Meeting for the children's choir, which my second daughter is a part of. This was also another meeting to try finalize things for their Christmas Concert coming up and find out how much money each kids still need to pay into the tour they're taking this summer. Interesting meeting.....this was actually a meeting I went to a little miffed at and walked out still a little miffed. Oh well...at least that's done with.
Thursday night, which was last night, I was suppose to go to Cub Scout Roundtable Banquet. I was assigned to bring a main dish for the banquet. I was feeling pretty tired of going to all this meetings. Because of the rain today, that banquet was cancelled. I did however had to leave the house around five to go help with the Achievement Day Girls to make Christmas Cards. We were suppose to meet at one of the girls' house but because of the rain, the girl's grandparents' home was flooded so their family had to go help clean up. The Achievement Day leader wanted to cancel the activity but the girls didn't want to so we decided to go to the chapel. Because of my husband's calling, he had access to the gate and chapel so I went home to get his keys. By this time, the rain was back and I tell you, it was crazy. A little scary driving over bridges with water all over the road and water rising under the bridge and rain coming down from all sides that I can hardly see my way around. When I got back to the chapel, we stood out in the rain trying every key my husband has on his key chain but none of the keys would open the gate lock. Talk about frustration. But the girls, they were the model of patience, just stood there in the rain making jokes and having the time of their lives. Well, we finally gave up trying to unlock the gate, and decided to go home and postpone their activity til next week.
Friday night, which is tonight, my husband and I will be attending a concert at Turtle Bay Hilton by Willie K & Raiatea Helm...our very own local famous singers. Turtle Bay or whoever is in charge of this concert has helped to set up the children choir to sell tickets for the concert as a way of fundraising to help toward their trip to carneige hall this summer. So that is why my husband and I are going to a concert, we have to buy to tickets to help support our daughter. Plus, the children choir will be performing the opening numbers.
Notice that pattern here....I have been running around these last few nights attending to meetings and events that were solely for my family/kids. It's not like this is the first time I've done something like this for my kids but it's just that it is the first time I actually was kept busy with one meeting to the next the whole week, especially at seven o'clock at night. I am totally exhausted, I don't know how all the other moms who do this on a daily basis do it.
Which is why I am soooo looking forward to Saturday night. Now, that is a night that is specifically for me...our ladies card exchange night. Since I have actually been good this whole week doing things for my family, it is only fair that I will claim Saturday night to myself and will enjoy myself immensely.
I wonder what next week has in store for me. Hopefully it will not be a repeat of this week. Actually, knowing my husband, who usually wait til last minute to do Christmas Shopping, that's probably what he'll keep me busy doing, in the evening I might add. To be honest, I am not really looking forward to shopping for Christmas....I would much prefer to order everything online.
SIGH
On the plus side, the rain stopped. It looks like it's going to be good day today. With the amount of rain we had yesterday, the island was on flash flood warning. Hauula did not suffer much from flooding like previous years, but Laie seemed to have gotten the worse of it. Check out this blog
for some serious flooding pictures. Other parts of Oahu had flooding and power outage. Hopefully everything will clear up and back to normal soon.
Now I'm off....looks like I've got my hands full today, will be driving around all over the place doing this and that.

3 comments:
Excellent work!
Congratulations!!!!
Thanks David for stopping by.
Hee hee hee hee That David Santos really gets around with his exclamation points. ha ha
He's even congratulating you. I'm thinking he doesn't speak much English. All the English he learned, he learned from Hallmark cards.
This post made me tired. Everyone is so busy. I relate. I'm already so tired I could . . . fall asleep.
Waiting for the road to open in Hauula.
Post a Comment