Yesterday, Swirl, myself and BT finally finished up all the play houses she posted a little while back and of course she mentioned that in her post yesterday, eight houses total. Ok, I admit, I was a little skeptical when she first called me and told me about her idea about making the houses and if I can take my sewing machine over so we can get started on her great idea. {If you know me and her, we can't sew...I mean we can sew straight lines and probably mend a little tear here or there but to make something completely from scratch? Now that's a differnt story.} But I can't help myself, I was curious and of course she sounded so enthusiastic, how can I shoot her idea down? After three session, we finally completed all eight houses and I can honestly say that those houses are ADOOOOOORABLE!! You hear that Swirl, they are adorable, ok? LOL. I am really proud of our accomplishments....thanks Laura for sticking to your gun.
I am surprise that she didn't post the finished products so I've decided {with some nudging from her of course} to post about the little house I got from the project. I've decided to give my two year old home-made gifts this year since she loves that house when we made the first sample.
Here's the little house, one of the cute ones, we made {ahem, Laura made this one and I love the color so that's why I picked this one.} Isn't it cute? The colors are beaautiful...I love it!!!

I took the house and add two windows and a door, using Liquid Applique.

This window is in the back and those on the side of the window are supposed to be shutters.

This one just have a plain window on one end.

And here's the door at the front of the house.
This is what it looks like when it's open. I still haven't make up my mind yet if I want to add images on the inside.

And here is the recipient of this adorable gift that was made with lots of love.

She's only two years old but loves playing with dolls. All I need to do now is to buy some miniature dolls to put them in the house for her but now that she's got that house in her hand, I'm not going to be able to take the dollhouse away from her long enough to wrap it and put under the tree. As I'm sitting here blogging she's keeping herself busy playing house.
Ok, I need to get off and see what I can do about lunch. I am famished....Tada!!

1 comment:
I love the photo-- her belly hanging out and her house on her arm/ like a purse.
I LOVE IT! So ADORABLE!
Thanks for the goodies!
So glad you didn't let your doubt show-- you were my secret weapon..if I had know YOU were doubting...
You have a good "game face".
Love you and your family
Laura
Post a Comment