Anyways, just a little update. Since my last post, there have been some little happenings here and there. I posted last Friday about my youngest son's class presentation. Well, that Friday morning after I've posted my post, my hubby called after dropping the kids off at school asking me if I know that my son Danny was super citizen that day. That was news to me since no one has told me about it. My son has told my hubby that he would be and there was a Super Citizen Assembly that morning. I went through all my emails (I usually get emails from Danny's teachers almost everyday) and even went through his backpack (he's forgotten to take it to school with him that morning) and did NOT find any notes or letter whatsoever that would inform me that my son was super citizen. Since my son insisted that he was, I had to call the school. And sure enough, he was chosen from his class for the month of February to be a Super Citizen. This was around eight in the morning and the assembly would be starting in half an hour. I was so mad at his teachers but anyways, I had to quickly got ready and ran out the door. I had to stop and bought him candy leis and spent way more money on the leis than I would normally spend if I had made leis myself. I made it to the assembly on time and able to see my son go up on stage and received him award.

Saturday morning, our whole family made it day out dropping my hubby off at the airport to leave for the mainland on a business trip and a little visit with his mom. We spent the better half of the morning hanging out at the airport. Sunday was pretty quiet around here. For some reason, the kids were a little more cooperative than I expected, didn't give me as much of a trouble as they usually do every Sunday. Guess they must have felt sorry for me or something...LOL.
Monday was spent mostly playing. I think I actually slept in that day. The kids were just content to just lay around the house, playing X-Box, watching TV and playing on the computer. I even heard my oldest daughter laughing and hooting when she was challenging her brothers to a game on the X-Box. It was nice having all the kids home especially having her home with the rest of the kids and playing with them. She was always the one who was constantly gone doing one thing or another either for school or sport.
Tuesday, we spent it doing most of the never ending piles of laundry we have spread out all over the house. And believe me, we still have long ways to go. I've never been so sick of a house chore as I do with laundry. There was always dirty laundry to clean and clean ones to fold. Seems like as soon as I thought I'm caught up, I find I have at least three loads waiting to be done. Sheesh!!!
Wednesday, we decided to make it a day at the beach. We went to Waimea. The weather kept changing, really sunny one minute and the next minute it was raining and windy. The little kids had fun playing in the sand and watching the big waves rolled up on the beach. I think we've gotten some of our stuff soaked from the rolling waves a couple of times. The older kids spent most of the time jumping off the rock into the water. They were having so much fun it was kinda hard prying them away from the beach. We had to make our beach day short because Jen and Joey had choir that afternoon. But Waimea hasn't seen the last of us yet...eheheh.


Here's our little princess enjoying the sand. She gets real kick out of rolling around in the sand to get sand all over her and then jumping onto the blanket I laid on the beach (and making sure I keep all the sand off) and spreading sand all over me and the blanket. The little rascal.


There's Danny checking in on Mom, LOL and Joey trying to keep warm. Everytime it started drizzling, he would run out the water to come wrap himself up in a towel to keep himself warm, the silly goose.
I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the older kids jumping off the rock. Because it kept raining and stopping and the wind blowing like crazy, I was afraid to leave my spot, the wind kept uprooting our beach umbrella so I had to sit there and kept from blowing away. As you can see, they looked like they had a really great time. We are definitely going back before the Spring break is over.
Yesterday, I took Stephanie to get her nails done. She's going to their prom tonight so she wanted her nail done. My friend Brandi will be doing her hair this afternoon. She's so excited about prom.
Last night, our Cub Scout had their Pinewood Derby. This is the first year for my son Joey and he was sooo excited about the Derby that was all he could talk about for the last two weeks. They had the race last night and he came in Second Place. He was so happy to have finally been able to go a Derby Race and have his own car race instead of watching his older brother's car race instead.
I was multi-tasking last night, videotaping the race for my hubby since he couldn't be at the race, helping out with the Beehive in the kitchen with their activity (they were making home-made pizza and cinnamon rolls) and managing the snack table. And taking turns talking to my hubby on the phone to keep me updated on what's happening. The poor guy wanted to be there but since he was still on his trip, we tried to make it look like he was there in person by having him on the speaker phone so he would hear what was happening. It was interesting. I think because of that multi-tasking, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked and didn't really do a good job on the picture taking either. That is something I DO NOT, absolutely do not care to do again in the near future.
So there you have it folks. A little update on this week. I will be posting on Stephanie's new hair do later on tonight or tomorrow along with her all dolled up for prom. Now I need to get off and go see about what to make for lunch. Both girls are gone right now, Jen's babysitting for somebody today and Steph's gone with her friend to have her friend get her nail done today.
So have a great Friday folks and hopefully your weekend will be an easy one. Ta-da for now!!

11 comments:
"The little kids". Ah! Growing up in a family of 8 kids, that is such a familiar phrase! (I was one of the little kids!)
I see you had a visitor from Saratoga CA. Anyone you know? That's where I went to high school.
Hi there, it's been quiet around here without your "ramblings" :)
Hi Heidi and Ter, nice of you drop in.
Heidi, I don't know anyone from Saratoga, wonder who that is too, hmmmm. I bet you were a really cute "one the little kids" girl..eheheh.
Ter, sorry I have been too quiet. Sometimes I just can't seem to sort out my thoughts so I just ended keeping quiet all together...LOL. How have you been?
Wow, you know how to Ramble girl!! i REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT ALL!!!By the time I got to the pinewood derby and the video too I think I am going to find you a crown, because you are definately QUEEN of your KINGDOM!! Today was fun and I thought Steph looked Gorgeous, Summer called me at eleven and said they all had a wonderful time and that their hair stayed in place!! YAHOO!! hope you were happy with everything
love ya
Aww Brandi, you are sooo sweet. I had fun watching you in your elements...eheheh..and seeing you work your magic on the girls. Steph really loved what you did with her hair. Thank you so much for doing it.
And of course their hair stayed in place, you did a fantastic job. Steph spent the night with her friends so she will be coming in today. Can't wait to hear all about it..lol.
Hi Anjeny ;)
Just wanted to let you know that I am still keeping the card challenge up and running. I don't have a Mr Linky, but you can put comments and we'll come check out your cards too :)
I have a post (you'll have to scroll down) with the prompts for the last few weeks. Today's is Easter... and this coming week I will post later today.
Jo
Hey Anjeny!
good to hear you are surviving spring break! Can't wait to see the pictures of the girls!
Hi Jo...thanks for coming. Thanks for keeping the card challenge going...I love all the ideas I've been getting from you creative ladies.
Swirl, good to see you. I tried posting about the prom this morning but my camera wouldn't load my pictures so I'm gonna try again later on tonight. How's it going with you guys?
Hi. I'm finally getting around to visiting the friends who popped by during the Spring Fling. Thanks for visiting my blog! Cute site - I love your header.
I'm a demo too. How did you get that little SU advertisement on your blog? That is cool.
Hi Adrian, thanks for stopping by. You had a great give-away. I love meeting SU demonstrators online. As for the SU ad on here, it's just one of those ads that was put on here by AdSense. I have no idea how that work but I agree with you, it is cool. Now if I can only have people click on it to see it, that would be nice...I can make money off of it that way.
Post a Comment