
Meet my son Danny...He's six years old and in First Grade.
This month his class has been learning about animals in the ocean and the teacher assigned each kid to pick an animal that lives in the ocean to do a research on it and then present it in class. Here's my son with his poster. He picked EEL to do his presentation on.
He did his research all on his own. He loves playing on the computer so getting him to get online to research about his chosen animal wasn't too much trouble on my part. He was suppose to write facts about the animal he picked like what the animal eats, what structures the animal has on its body to survive in the wild, if the animal is a mammal, a fish, a crustacean, or an invertebrate. And everything has to be handwritten. He was to include pictures of his animal and he could get his pictures either by hand drawn, from magazines or books and even off the internet.
So my son did his research with a little help from his older sister. His teacher gave him the pictures and he colored them all by himself. I didn't even help him at all with this project of his. I am so proud of him for doing a good job. His teacher once told me that he loves standing in front of the class to do presentation.
One time they did a little show-how-to do something, my son wanted to show his classmates how to make a homemade card using rubber stamps. {Looks like he's following in his mom's footsteps..lol.} Well, he came home, picked out a favorite stamp, his favorite color combination and asked me to help him make a card. When using two different color ink pad, I always make sure I washed off any ink off the stamp before I use it again in another ink and this son of mine, since he was very little, I used to let him stamp with me, had learned to do the same thing. He was very meticulous. Anyways, his teacher said he did wonderful job teaching his classmates that day. Talk about a proud moment.
As you can see in the picture, he looks like he enjoyed himself. Did I mention I am very proud of him? Because I do.
Anyways, today is Friday, last day of school for the kids then they will be out of school for two weeks for Spring Break. And tomorrow my hubby will be going off island for whole week on business trip and a little visit with his mom. I am going to be totally slave driving my kids these two weeks of their break, poor dears...eheheh. Nah, I'm just kidding. But we do need to do some serious spring cleaning, I can't begin to describe the filth that's accumulating in this house. I'm actually a little scared to go in my boys' room, I can't see the floor.
So have a wonderful weekend everyone.

6 comments:
so cute :) And yes, I can tell you're a proud momma!
I'm with you, I fear going to my kids rooms and really sorting through all the "stuff" For us, it's my son's closet that is the most frightening.
I think we're going to take an academic break for a week and have "home ec week" instead.
I just arrived from Mormon Mommy Blogs, and wanted you to know that I love your blog layout - it's so cheery, a great way to feel all Springlike!
Great job! I love when kids are independent!!
What a great job!!!! I can't believe they are doing all this in the first grade! I didn't do things like this until the 6th grade!! How proud you must be!!!!
Just wanted to let you know how much I love reading your posts.
It looks like your son is showing how a caring family can help you reach for the stars
Your little boy is SO cute! And super talented! You really must be so proud!
Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway~ best of luck to you!
♥,Lilly
Post a Comment