3/1/09

What a Sunday!

I am still trying to organize my feelings for today. Remember two weeks ago I post about putting my foot in my mouth?

{To see the whole post, you can go here.}

Well, today I got a new calling and guess what my calling is? I've gotten a calling in Young Women as the Beehive (12-13 year olds) Adviser. I don't really how to feel about this calling at all. On one hand I'm a little excited that I've finally gotten to be in Young Women but on the other hand, I'm not too anxious about the teaching part. I was kind of hoping I would be in one of my daughters' classes, like MiaMaid or Laurels but instead I am in the Beehive class. I don't know what to make of those girls, some of them were just in Primary last year and they were not very pleasant so I am hoping that maybe now that they are older, they might be a little more mature. On the other hand, I like the counselor who's over the Beehive class. So we'll see, hopefully I will be able to fulfill this calling...I think this calling is probably more for me, to get over my fear of teaching than anything else.

So of course, since it's the first Sunday, fast and testimony meeting so I bore my testimony along with the others who did. I am always a bumbling mess when bearing my testimony but I just felt it's something I had to do. I don't know why I can get up and deliver a speech or a talk without any hesitation or even any hint of tremor in my voice, but as soon as I start bearing my testimony, I am like huge mess as though someone has turned on a water hose in my eyes. Totally pathetic if you ask me. The rest of the meetings went by in a blur.

When church finally came to an end, I came home to find a letter my 15 yr old daughter has written for me and my hubby. I asked her what the letter was for and she said, they learned in their class to honor their parents so she had to write a letter to us to express her feelings and gratitude to her parents.

Here's what she wrote:

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm writing this letter to tell you two how much I appreciate and love you guys! I know I always seem to give you guys a hard time. Especially you mom. With my attitude and my carelessness. I know how frustrating it must be for you to try to put up with me. But please know that I'm trying so hard to be a daughter that you can depend on. I'm trying to with all my might and all my heart. And I'm especially thankful that you're putting so much effort and money in to my trip. I would've never been able to do it without you. And Dad I'm so sorry for not helping mom out around the house. You work so hard trying to support our big family. I'm trying real hard to do my chores w/out being asked. And even trying to help teach Danny & Joey by being an example so they won't give you as hard a time as I do. I want you to know that I'm trying my hardest to be a daughter you can love and be proud of. I'm so thankful for all your love and support. I know you guys are trying hard so thank you. I love you, Mom. I love you, Dad. And thank you.

Love always, Jen.

Awww, how sweet. That made me tear up again. I guess she was listening after all. Who would have thought? All these times when I am telling her to do stuff and she was spacing out on me, she's been listening after all.

Hope y'all have a good day today.

9 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I think YW callings are the best and totally rock. And seriously they are just 12 and 13 year old girls, you can teach them. Don't be afraid.

How lucky are you to have such a daughter who would write you such a note. Put that away and get it out the next time she bugs you.

Anjeny said...

Hi Pat...thank you. I will take your word about the YW calling. I just hope I can do a good a job as those girls need. It's always been kind of a dream calling for me, being in YW so I'm looking forward to fulfilling this calling but I'm also a little nervous.

I will put the letter away and I will definitely bring it out to wave it in my daughter's face when she starts acting up again...LOL.

Doncha Wannano said...

Awww... what a cute note! I seriously cannot wait until all my hard work has paid off and I get a note like yours! Say in ten years or so?

April said...

I just have been called to be an advisor for the Laurels. How fun! We can compare notes and activities! I have been out of it for a while, so this is all new for me too! I know you can do it!

I am LoW said...

I think the Beehive's rock!!! :-) It seems like they take the growing up and out of Primary very seriously and they tend to adore their leaders.

LBBlum said...

congrats on the calling! WOW! I think you are going to be wonderful!

Lets have a play day sometime next week???? Let me know what day is good for you!

Anjeny said...

Doncha..thank you for the comment. I'm sure your kids appreciate all that you do for them....it's such an amazing thing when they actually acknowledge it.

April...I am so happy to see you. Glad you're able to come and visit me...how cool is that that you're getting a call too as a YW advisor. I can't wait to see how things are going with you in your calling. I am actually looking forward to trying out this new calling, fear of teaching aside.

LoW, I will take your word for it. I just need to give myself a good confidence call.

Swirl..thank you. I am available any day next week. You pick a day since you're the one going to school right now. Just buzz me or give me a holler. How's it going?

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh that is sweet.

And I havet to tell you, I'm the mia maid teacher now and the lesson manuals . . . well, they're a lot about marriage and motherhood and the girls are like . . . uh?

Wing it, girl! (but you didn't hear it from me.)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Did you know there is a girl doing sit ups on your blog? It's making me really uncomfortable.

hee hee