6/26/09

Another creation

Last week in Young Women, I had to teach the Beehive about Personal Records. Because I was in Primary for a while, I have become accustomed to using visual aide when teaching a lesson to keep the kids focused and interested. So I tried to do the same thing when I'm teaching the Beehive.

Because I feel that this particular lesson is very vital and important that the Beehive take into account, I deliberately postponed teaching this lesson til last week so that I could make something for the girls, something tangible that they can see everyday and be a reminder to them.

And of course, I just happen to like the topic too. I love reading about history either personal or collective and I think keeping records of our daily lives is a very useful tool to leave for future generation. Along with my lesson, I wanted to challenge my YW class to keep a journal, to write just about anything they want but I also know that if I just say do it, they will come up with some excuse as to why they might not be able to do it. So I went a step further and made all of my Beehive girls each a journal.

So here they are...I even personalized the journals so there shouldn't be any confusion as to which one belongs to who. Luckily I have a very small class so it only took me a couple of hours to do these.

This is what I used to make their journals...just a regular composition that cost 25 cents and with a few sheets of designer papers I turned this regular composition book to that below.






These were really easy and fun to make and the girls just love them. I have to pick colors that match their personalities and they were totally thrilled to receive them. They love the fact that no two books are the same...

Yeah..as you can count on the number of the books, I only have six girls in my class..I've got a couple of girls who has moved up to Mia Maid and these were the ones left this year. Actually, one of the girls just had birthday this past week so she's moved on to Mia Maid class but I am not getting any coming up from Primary this year. I think by the end up this year I might only have one girl left or even none at all.

Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying my new calling as a Beehive Adviser? Yep, I totally these young ladies.

Anyways, I'm back from our camping trip...still exhausted from all that excitement that came from camping, the late night and early mornings...really wears this old body out. I was going to post about the camp but I can't seem to download any pictures to show so hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to show some pictures. In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy my little creation for this week and hopefully your weekend will be great one.

So Alooooha and God bless!!

8 comments:

April said...

WOW!!! What dedication! They look great!

BTW....I gave you an award....but it comes with an assignment! Come check it out on my blog!

val of the south said...

Those books are fabulous - no wonder the girls loved them. That would make me want to journal! I hope you don't mind, I'm going to steal yet another one of your great ideas and make these for my kids. You are so darn creative. I want you to be my beehive leader!!

Queen "B" said...

These are very lucky Young Women to have you as their Leader The Journals are really nice, magnifying your calling is always a blessing to others, Awesome Job!!

Anjeny said...

Thanks April..they did turn out great uh? I'm heading off to your blog right now to receive my award with smiles and all..lol.

Val..these were really easy to make, I've made them before..the little challenge was trying to come up with the right color to go with a different girl. And no, I don't mind at all, feel free to borrow anything you see you like on here. I need to buckle down and do some more creative projects.

Brandi...hey!! It's soo good to see you on here. And thank you. I am enjoying my calling and hopefully I'll stay this way..lol. And I figure it's a great place to give something what little talent that I have back to our Heavenly Father.

Thanks ladies...you ROCK!!

Lisa said...

When you go all out for the girls like that, they really know you love them. It cost .25 and your time. You are an awesome leader.

Gran Denny said...

Thank you Anjeny for sharing your creativity, you make me want to be a better counsellor. The journals are fantastic.

Anjeny said...

Lisa..thank you for the comment. I do hope the girls know how much I love working with them and yes, in just a short time I've grown to love them as I do my own kids.

Gran..thank you for stopping by...I love sharing things I've learn to make with all you wonderful ladies.

NeenaLove said...

i miss my calling!

i absolutely ADORE the beehive's... especially the beehive's in H4!

the journals are GORGEOUS!!!

hugz,
coreen