As I'm writing this post, they are in Washington, D.C. somewhere near the capitol putting on a show for Senator Akaka....Hawaii State Senator. The choir will be making their way to New York in a couple of days to attend the Carnegie Hall festival and our Ko'olauloa Children Chorus will be performing on Saturday. Any of you readers out there reading this who live close to New York or around there, go check them out. Their choir will be only one who comes with hula dancers so it would be worth it to check them out...just saying.
See, this trip of hers actually mean a little more to me than probably anyone else going on the trip because 21 years ago, I was about my daughter's age when I took the same route and gone on a trip like this. We went to Washington, D.C. on a Smithsonian tour too and spent a week there. It was very exciting to walk in nation's capitol and see some of the beautiful historical sight. After the D.C. tour, we went to PA to see the Liberty Bell...the choir is also going to see the Liberty bell...and of course, we visited Colonial Williamsburg to get a glimpse of early America and then on to New York. See, the significance? My daughter will be walking those same streets, same route I took at her age twenty one years ago. I know things have changed and there might be a lot of different changes but still, just the thought about her actually visiting the same sights I visited at her age...totally exciting.
One of the chaperones on the tour created a blog just for this tour so those of us who were not fortunate to join them on this trip can keep tabs of how their doing...right now there are only two entries on that blog but she will be adding more everyday or whenever the time permits. If you're interested, you can go here. I borrowed some pictures from their Spring and Winter concert so feel free to feast your eyes on them..lol.
(Jen & Jas, my friend's daughter, doing the hula.)These are just a few of the pictures of the choir...I borrowed these from the new blog. Hope you enjoy this. Sorry I haven't been posting...school's out and kids are home and therefore, any visible computers in the house are occupied by them. Hope all is well with everyone and hope you have a great week.
♥ you all and God bless!!

9 comments:
totally exciting! I think the most exciting place we ever sang was Boettcher Concert Hall in downtown Denver (about 45 minutes from my house)... how pathetic is THAT?
I hope she's enjoying herself! :)
What an amazing and exciting honor! Congratulations on such a talented daugther.
I've been to DC and Williamsburg. It is so rich in history. I love that area.
Lol@pathetic. Hopefully sometime in the near future you would be going farther than that, somewhere exciting like Europe, T.
Ter...it's been a while, how are you? It's really good to read ya again. And yes, Jen is having the time of her life, I'm sure. Hopefully she might be calling us tonight to let us know how she's enjoying herself.
2busy, I'm with you. I love visiting historical sight. I would love to go back to Williamsburg again, only this time with the rest of the family.
How exciting!! I always think it's great when kids get to travel and experience the world! It expands their mind! And to follow where you have been! That is cool!
That is so awesome!! Wish I could go. I totally would, if we didn't already have plans. Two of my kids have birthday parties to go to.
WOWZERS! I am so totally jealous. I have never been to DC, and I've always wanted to. Love the pics. I am sure your daughter is just eating it up. I would be if I were her. Do you think she'll let me switch places with her for a couple days?
Gosh Anjeny your children are such great achievers, and I love reading your stories of how they doing. I have learned from you the joy of being blessed so many times over with all your beautiful family
HEY Jonathan and Joey!!
You won a copy of MVP!! and the picking wasn't even rigged!!! much to martha's dismay, and my sis-in-law and sister.... they wish they had won..
I need your snail mail address.. so the publishers can mail you a copy.
We'll be starting soon! yipeeee!
Post a Comment