6/17/09

A Little Long-Winded..lol

It's been a while, hasn't it? So many things have been going on and with school's out for the summer, all the kids are home and practically every electronic equipment we have in the house has been completely taken over by one kid or another. I've had a couple of busy weeks and the summer has barely started but I'm enjoying myself. We will be going on a camp this week Friday til next week Wednesday so looks like I might be MIA again.

Since I last wrote, Jen's back from her trip and I think she's picked up a little bug because she looked completely tired and worn out and has been sleeping a lot. Of course they had a really busy week trying to cramp in as much sightseeing and preparing for their debut in NY that the earliest if they were at all lucky to go to bed for them was at midnight every night and getting up at six or even earlier in the morning. She's doing great and now she's attending Summer school. I will be posting later on how everyone is doing for the summer.

Today I thought I'd post a really cute video that y'all might enjoy. A week or so before school was out at the Elementary School my boys attend, there was an artist who came and made a couple of murals at a couple of the buildings...they were beautiful. On one of the walls, all the kids at the school were allowed a day to go and paint their favorite sea creature and it was a fun day for them all. I was able to go for an hour to watch my son Danny paint his sea creature. But anyways, the end result, with all the classes coming in one at a time to paint...you be the judge of that. One of the parents took this video and posted on You Tube so here it is..............



So what ya think? Isn't that artist incredibly talented? What about those future artists of America? LOL...those are some talented kids!

Here are the pictures of my three boys' sea creatures they drew....I think these are to die for and I'm not by any means being biased at all..nope!lol.

Here's Danny's fish...I don't know what you call that thing. They were told to find a fish they like and this is the one he found in a book from his classroom...look how colorful it is.
Jen came along to see her brothers' fishes and decided she wanted to show them off...didn't she do a great job? LOL...She's always been her brothers' biggest fan and supporters when it comes to any small accomplishments they made...what a big sister. That would explain why she was dubbed "The Favorite Sister" and she wore that title proudly.

Here's Joey's sea creature...a turtle. He was soo proud of his drawing, he couldn't wait to show it off. {Good job Joey...I your turtle.}
Here he is, showing off his turtle...isn't that a proud "you like my turtle?" look.


This last one is Jonathan's fish. The yellow fish with the black stripes. He said he wasn't really sure what he wanted to draw when he started and when he was drawing his fish, the kids and teachers kept asking him if that was an angel fish he was drawing so he figure, what the heck, an angel fish it is..lol.

I all three sea creature the same...I'm just so proud of them. I guess they get this little bit of creativity from me, eh? LOL Hope y'all like my little show and tell today. And here's hoping your week and the rest of the week will be a great one for ya!

7 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I love their drawings! what a fun (and huge!) project ;)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

School endorsed grafetti, I love it. I wonder if some day your kid's kids will go to this school and the pictures will still be there. That would be way cool.

April said...

How fun! What a great way to involve the kids!

BTW I liked your kids' paintings the best! :)

LBBlum said...

I love it! what a great post! Your boys did a great job with their fish... that really was a fun project.

the PTCO is looking for someone to help with a PTCO blog... I think I should nominate you!!! You are such a talented writer girl!!!!

I'm working on designing it... but I am not good at documenting stuff.
Check it out: www.laienews.blogspot.com

The design is a little lame right now.. I bought a gecko surfing image and am working on a "cooler" banner... but the content is killing me!!! Could you help?
Let me know if you are interested. I just think.. your post about this project ROCKS.. mine is lame-o.. but since I am "designing" buttons and such.. I needed posts to get url addresses to link to buttons.. .so it is okay that the post are lame-o for now.

MakingChanges said...

That is so fun! I always loved art and love that my kids totally get into it too. Wish they had an outlet like this instead of thinking my walls and my car are their own painting canvases!

Anjeny said...

T...it is really a fun looking project, isn't it? The kids had a blast, I'm sure.

NHC...I know uh? Isn't that wonderful? The kids were finally allowed to draw on a wall without getting scolded for that..every kid's dream come true, don't you think?

April..thank you, I think so too..eheh. And I agree with ya, that was a great way to get kids involve, the people who head off that project are brilliant.

Laura..thank you, means a great deal coming from you. Yes, girlfriend, I'll help...just point me in the direction and I'm there, aight?

Jules...I love kids' arts too. I'm having that same problem with my youngest now, she draw on everything. Any surface she finds, she will go hunt around the house literally to find something to draw with. Her siblings have trained themselves to keep an eye out for if she has a pen/pencil or even marker, they would grab piece of paper and push it in front of her to write or draw on. Works some of the time if they keep on top of it.

Thanks ladies for all that love!!

Gran Denny said...

Wow, that is such a great idea, I love your kid's fishes and turtle. I love how you share about them too