11/5/09

My Little Creative Week

As the busiest time of the year approaches, life has gotten more hectic lately. Of course when things get hectic, life can be pretty much stressful for anyone. So you can pretty much guess that I am actually in a state of stress right now..LOL..but there's actually a good thing that comes from my stress, I tend to want to create. And what better thing to create than doing what I love doing which is making home-made greeting cards. And my favorite kind of seasonal card is Christmas card, there's just something about Christmas card that just hard to resist. So that is what I spent my week doing.

Our card group is meeting again in a couple of week and the theme is Christmas. I am the demo for this month so I set out on the great virtual world of the Internet to see what other creative people are making for the season to come. And I found just the cards that I love. For the demo in a couple of week, I will be making the card below. It's a Mosaic technique...found this on Dawn's site..she is one creative lady.

I used Real Red (a SU brand) for the main card. Then using sticky sheet, I cut out a 2" strip and then cut up some little strips of designer papers, also from Stampin'Up in different triangular sizes and randomly paste them all over the sticky paper...the little sticky exposed that are no covered by the designer paper, I cover it with gold embossing powder and then heat it with an embossing tool to give it that golden look, to give it that mosaic look. And then to keep up with the Christmas theme, I stamped a tree image with green ink and mount it on green paper and tied a gold cord through it. Very simple and still cute...something the ladies in my group will definitely enjoying making for sure.

This next card is what I will be making for the exchange. It's called a Slider card. There's a tag on the left side of the card that when pulled, the truck moves forward. As you can see, that man in the car is obviously been looking for a Christmas tree for his family (I assume he has a family, LOL) and has found just the perfect tree so he's now making his way back home. Looks like he happened upon the perfect forest to get the right tree. (I had to take four pictures of this card just to show how it works...isn't it just the cutest card?)



Next card is a diorama card/box. The way this card was made, it looks as though those polar bears can just jump out at ya. There are three layers on this card and each layer has a different bear...on the very last layer, at the very back, I stamped the image of the trees on glossy white paper and then sponged the top portion of the white paper with some blue ink and then attached the bear using dimensional. Because of the glossy paper, it looked like the bear was actually sliding on ice. You have to click it to make it big to see what I'm talking about. If interested in making this box, go here.This is the view you get when looking down into the box. See the baby bear trying to get a picky-back ride from momma-bear..LOL..so darling!!Here's the same kind of card, using a different Christmas stamp. This is the nativity scene. Look how each group of visitors are making their way to see baby Jesus.

Here's a wiper card. This is what it looks like flat. The polar bear image is an old SU set that I bought a while back. It is actually one of my favorite stamp and I used it for Christmas a lot. Click on the picture to see it enlarge and you'll notice that the bears actually has furs on them. Ok, so it wasn't actually fur but the stuff I used actually make the bears to have furs.This is what pop-up part. When you hold both ends on either sides of the card and pull, you will get that little image pop up at the top left hand corner. I also used designer papers on this card too and I went a bit further and added a rhinestone brad with two silver brads so it looks like the bears were looking up at the brads.


This last one, is my favorite. It's called a Step card. The fact that a picture can be attached to this card, I just love it. I am always looking for way to make Christmas card to send to family and friends where our family picture is attached to it and I finally found this. I totally ♥ this card so much, this is going to be my family's Christmas card this year. {Baby picture is of my daughter Stephanie, I was going to use Kaitlin's picture but all of her pictures are on disk or my computer and when I went to develop one yesterday at the grocery store here on this side of the island, the darn thing is broken so I have to settle with this old picture. It's still cute though, don't you think?}
So there you have it..my little creativity for the week. Stay tuned for more, I'll be posting the cards the lady in my group make for our swap. Hope you like this little bit of creation. Happy blogging and God bless!!

5 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Truly fabulous cards!! I'm so impressed!!!!

Lisa said...

These are so cute! I wish I had more time to be crafty like that. Maybe I would if I didn't spend so much time blogging. :)

April said...

Great job on the cards! I wish I had time to be crafting again!

Anjeny said...

Thanks ladies..you're very kind. I think I must be too stressed out because it's usually stress that brought on the need for me to create and I don't want to just make simple card, I want to do something complicated. I'm fascinated with pop-ups so I'm spending most of my time now trying to make some.

Thanks again for your comments.

Gran Denny said...

ow you're so clever, these are great