11/20/09

Response (Post), New Moon and Give-Away Reminder....

Ladies, it was really fun reading your comments on my give-away. Thank you for all the nice wishes, sure appreciate it. Some of your comments require responses from me so I decided to make it into a post, just keep my fingers busy..LOL.

Ter, I'm sorry you're not entering my give-away but I appreciate the wish nonetheless. Crash, I am not picking the winner til next week Sunday so easy girl...LOL. You do know you're my favorite dummy, right? You ROCK too!!
Jenna Z...making the box for the card was absolutely fun. Niecey, I'm not a seamstress, the only thing I can do on a sewing machine is sew a not-so-straight line..LOL..but I saw the tutorial on another blog and it looked simple enough so I figured I might take wack at it. I think if you are an artsy person, then you definitely qualify to in the crafty category. At least that's what I think. Anyone agree with me? Iwa...I was cracking about your suggestion for the extra entry from knowing my son Jonathan. About the totebag and crayon roll, I wrote a post about it before, you can go here to read where I got the tutorial for both items. Actually, I would love to see the ones you make (if you decide to make them) on your blog.

You guys are the best....you don't know that makes me feel to read you all admiring the home-made things I made. I am definitely sending you all my best and may the lucky one among you walk away with this loot...LOL.

Aight, enough about that...who's seen the movie New Moon yet? Anyone? I just got home from watching it with my daughters. We have been waiting a whole year to see this movie so we can have our girls night out and have been planning on it since the we watched Twilight. Living where we are, the closest theater that actually play new movies are 45 minutes away. So when I found out that the theater in the next town would playing the movie on opening night, I was bumped up about it. I now can go close to home and still be able to one of the first ones to see it. Unfortunately, tickets for the midnight show Thursday night was sold out so I got the next best thing...Friday morning show at 11.

I am having totally mixed feeling about the movie. As you all know, when a movie is produced based on a book, it's not as good. I mean those producers seem to always skip out on some specific detail that I thought shouldn't be left out so of course I go to the movie with that in mind. After today though, I'm tempted to make a promise to myself...and that is that I should never watch a movie based on a book that I've read. Maybe I should just do one or the other...either read the book and not watch the movie or just skip out on the book and watch the movie instead. I always set myself up to think the movie would actually do justice to the book and as always get myself disappointed.

"What the heck are you trying to say?" some of you may be thinking and asking me in your mind. All I'm saying is the movie is great and all, it's worth going to it. In fact, if any of you want to go, take your spouse with you unless of course your spouse is a Twilight cynic, in which case, leave him at home...LOL. My daughter Jen loves the movie and since she didn't read the book, the movie was exciting for her. Steph and I both read the book so we weren't as on cloud nine as Jen is...in fact, because we both read it, we were actually able to talk about what's missing in the movie that's written in the book. I do hope that all those people who've been on edge waiting for the movie for a whole year, who've actually made a celebration out of going will find the movie to their liking or that the movie live up to their expectation. I'm going to be honest and say that the New Moon movie didn't affect me as much as the Twilight movie did. (Oh don't get me wrong, Jacob is one hunk of a werewolf and Edward still rock my fantacy..yikes, that sounds so corny...and Bella is still Bella, clumsy as always but it just feels like something is missing, I don't know.) But it's to be expected, right? Hopefully by the time Eclipse or Breaking Dawn comes around in a movie, I would've forgotten all about what I read in the books.

Then again who cares? I got to hang out with my daughters today, just my girls and have a bit of a bonding moment with them since they are both moving on to other aspects of their lives. I mean they actually set aside three hours today to hang with their ole mom to watch New Moon with even though I know they would much rather hang with their friends. So, you moms or even grandmoms out there, grab your daughters or granddaughters and take them to see New Moon, or any other movies you want. It's a great way to squeeze in a little teaching moment or even see them drool over a puff werewolf and if you're a vampire fan, you guys can have a little debate on who's hotter, a 100 year old vampire or a 16 year old werewolf...ahahahah.

Before you do that, enter my give-away if you haven't already and if you have, share the love, let your friends know. Again...go here, or scroll down or look above this post to see how to get to my give-away. Have fun and oh....Aloha!!!

7 comments:

The Songer said...

I loved the movie..... Just a couple parts, I anticipated the scene way too much in my mind and i felt let down because the whole time i kept thinking, "why didnt they do this? or that?" i got a little bummed..... BUT i cannot wait for the next one! I heard June... so excited!

Still Team Edward! although, the movie made me like Jacob and his hot abs A LOT! LOL!

April said...

I liked New Moon more than Twilight. I have read the books and NEVER expect a movie to do the book justice. I just can't. There is so much info. I put my spin on it because of my life experiences. One thing that I have heard others say is that Bella didn't freak out as much in the movie as they thought she would have when Edward left. I was actually pleasantly surprised with this one.

April said...

Jacob is HOT, but I am still swaying towards Edward. He's more mature. =)

TisforTonya said...

in the books - I'm ALL for Edward, I haven't even seen the movie yet but that little werewolf has got it WAY over the vampire :)

Truth time: nobody in my house is allowed to see a movie based on a book UNLESS they've read said book. HOWEVER - I try to make sure that it's been a good long time between reading and viewing because I tend to get a littler hyper-critical sometimes (darn that film class!)

Anjeny said...

I guess that's how it rolls then...majority, if not all the women are all for Edward true and true whereas all the teenagers or even young ladies are all for Jacob.

T..supposedly that was what our deal was..we read the book before watching it. I cheated last year(I watched the movie before I read the book) so I guess Jen must have decided to do the same, skip the reading and go straight to the movie..LOL.

April..I don't know, I thought Twilight was way better than New Moon but I just now realize the reason I liked it so much was because I didn't read the book before I saw it so there was feeling of mystery to it. New Moon I guess thinking they skip this or that, or what happen to this or that, it's not in the movie. Yeah, I know, movies never do justice to a book, I guess I'm the one who setting myself up.

Iwa..is it really coming in June? That would be great, I don't want to wait til next November to see the next. Like I said, hopefully by the time the other two movies come out, I would've forgotten what I read alreay..lol.

Go Edward!! LOL

Queenie Jeannie said...

I totally loved New Moon!!! It really made up for the total disaster that Twilight wound up being! LOVED IT!!!

Lisa said...

Loved New Moon! I saw it yesterday afternoon with my daughter, then drug my husband out last night to see it. Twice in one day!