Mother's day, I was awaken with breakfast in bed...my daughter Jen and son Danny made me pancakes and omelette(my favorite kinda breakfast). How sweet is that? Then in Sacrament, Joey gave a talk. He was reluctant to do it at first so his dad offered to go up with him and his talk was full of all the reasons he loves me...awwww. Cool thing about his talk is that he wrote it all by himself, he was just a little too nervous to be in front of everyone. After his talk, the Primary sang a song, "My Mother Dear" and then the Bishop gave out a little surprise for the moms. Unfortunately I still had to teach my Beehive class but they were such great girls I didn't mind. I even had them make a card for their moms.
All day my son Chris kept offering to do something for me. It was really sweet. The kids totally came through for me....Jon didn't complain once, there was no fighting or bickering from any of them. They were actually cooperative with each other. I had my long awaited nap without any fuss and ohhh, I got my coupon's worth and got me a foot rub..can you say Heaven? LOL
Then my daughter, Steph made the best dinner ever. She made shrimp and ribs. She went online and found some recipe on spare ribs and totally dazzled us with her incredibly amazing cooking skill. Don't tell her this but she literally put my cooking to shame. Everyone was sooo impressed with her cooking, we've all voted to make her a chief chef in this house. It was the BEST mother's day ever.
I know this sound like such a brag post but I can't help myself. I just love it when the kids do something sweet. But I think what even made it a great mother's day is the fact that I was actually able to give something for Mother's Day. I made this post about sending a card to my special people, the ones who follow my post that I would send each of them a hand-made card, for them to send me their mailing address...there were seven people who responded, so I was able to send out six cards to six people. One of the people who responded, her email came a little late so I wasn't able to send her a card to make it to her for Mother's Day so I'm going to be sending her a different card, hope she doesn't mind. Anyways, that was actually an highlight for me, I love getting hand made gifts so giving hand made stuff is even double the fun. Those of you who are on my follower list that I've missed this time, there are still special days coming up, you can still email me your mailing address and I will send you a card for any occasion you want. The topper, I get to play Santa for Mother's day and stop by Crash and Swirl's houses to surprise them each with a card.
It truly was the best day ever. I was really impressed with how my family pulled together to make sure I enjoyed my day to the fullest.











3 comments:
Yay for you! You deserve to brag! You deserve to be spoiled on mother's day, too! (I suspect I was the late one . .)
Oh no Heidi...you didn't get your card? I'm so sorry, I did mail it off. The person I mailed her card on the same day as yours got hers already...I wonder what happen. I'm sorry...I was really hoping your card on time.
you deserved a nice mother's day! Yay!!! (I got my omelette too... for lunch since the morning was a little too crazy!)
Your word verifier says "acked" - and I beg to differ, I haven't Acked all day!
Post a Comment