5/9/09

Happy Mother's Day to all

Yesterday I picked up my Elementary school boys from school and each of them had a special Mother's Day gift for me. Awwww, wasn't that sweet? And all three gifts were hand-made....have I mentioned how much I love hand/home-made gifts? My favorite kind of gifts because I know the maker/giver put some very creative thought and time into making them. Not that any store bought gifts don't mean anything to me, they do but there's just something about the hand-made kind that I just loooove.

I don't know what the three older kids are making or doing for me for Mother's Day so I can't wait to see..lol. So without boring any of you further, I'm going to show you all what my three very sweet boys made for me.

This is what Danny made for me. It's a card but inside he wrote what Mothers mean to him. I love his hand-writing. This is what he wrote: Mothers
Mom makes me feel happy.
Open things.
Told me I'm next (When asked what this means, he said for next in line for birthday, silly thing.).
Help me eat my food (I had to be creative since he's not a eater.).
Embraces me (wow, big word!).
Remember my birthday (how can I forget?lol).
Serves me lunch (interesting, since he hardly eat lunch at home).
Isn't that cute? I just love how creative he is for coming up with what each of those letters stand for. The next one is Joey's gift he made for me.

I love this one. It's a big heart he cut out, colored the flowers (look how beautiful his coloring is) and then fold the heart into a cone. Inside the cone, there was little bag of potpouri and little hearts with things he wrote about what he would be doing for me for Mother's Day.

This is the most creative of all the Mother's Day gifts I've gotten so far. (Hope the other kids don't find out I said this..lol.) But seriously, don't you think this is the most clever and creative gift? (A big mahalo to his teacher for coming up with this idea and helping him made this.)


This is what Jon made me...a coupon book. I love coupon books..the home made kind where the kids list things they would be doing for me. Notice the first coupon he wrote "no complaining"? I guess he know how much it bothers me when he complain about doing his chores so for the whole day tomorrow, I can tell him to do anything and he will not complain one bit. Can't wait to start collecting on these coupons...he said they are only good for one day...tomorrow. (You can click on any of the pictures to see a bigger version of them if you want to read the words in the pictures.)







One of the coupons he has in there is a foot massage coupon...Oh I love getting foot massage. One of my most favorite thing to get as far as pamper goes. Both him and Joey said they would watch their baby sister so I can nap...so yeah!! I get to nap tomorrow. I will so totally use those coupons tomorrow...I will sleep and make sure I get my foot massage...I couldn't ask for a better Mother's day present. I am soooo proud of these very creative boys of mine and I will definitely cherish these gifts. I have to remember to send them to school on Monday with a "thank you" cards to their teachers.

So folks, you like my gifts? I haven't forgotten you guys...I have something for all of you mothers out there. The next gift or award is for all the moms, grandmoms, soon-to-be moms, the women who are thinking about starting a family soon...this is for you. You can copy this gift or award and paste it on your blog...my gift to you. (I didn't make it, mind you but I know we moms deserve to be recognized for all that we do, can I get an AMEN to that?) So here it it, hold out your hand....or is it you PC..lol.


What do you think? Isn't is beautiful? Yes, mothers are special...means YOU, yes you are special. Take this and display it on your blog with pride, aight? While you display that on your blog, here's a little something else to put a smile on your face...see how very nice and considerate I am? I can't just enjoy my gifts and not share something with you lovely people.

I just love her beautiful voice ..this is the same lady who was the voice of Ariel in Little Mermaid. I thought this is just the perfect ending for my post...after all, those little people running around in our house are the reason we women earn our "Mother" title...no?

Hope you all have a great Mother's Day and that you do remember that it is your special day, to make sure you enjoy it to the fullest, leave the cooking, cleaning, dishes and all those other things that keep you so busy that you never take time out for yourself, to someone else and focus on yourself. If anyone deserve to take a whole day off from their load, it's you, mothers out there. With that said, I wish you the best Mother's Day ever.!!

Love ya and God bless!!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks Anjeny, I love the card...you're such a sweetheart! I'm so glad to be your friend and I, uoo, enjoyed chatting the other night.

I hope you have a relaxing, blissful Mother's Day!

Gran Denny said...

Happy mothers day from one mum to another

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your mother's day gifts. I'd love a coupon book. I would hope they would include "No fighting for one whole day". That would be really nice.

Love the music!

Thank you so much for the card. I got it today. It is the one I admired from your previous post. Thank you. You are talented. I need to send you something if I get my stampin up stuff out.

Have a great Mother's Day!

TisforTonya said...

I'm going to celebrate mother's day by staying in bed for as many hours as possible... which means I'd better start soon!

Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!

val of the south said...

Thanks for the mother's day love! I love the card you sent - that was so sweet!

All my presents this year were handmade by my husband and kids - I loved them so much more!

I hope you're having a fabulous mother's day!

LBBlum said...

Happy Mother's day girl! loved seeing your presents... I just have to share Hunters poem-- using the letters mother-

Mom is a good cook
other moms don't cook like her
took me to the movie
hears what I say
eat my food when I don't want it
recycles cans for me.

I EAT THE food he doesn't want???
ew.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Happy Mother's Day, Anj. Thank you so much for the beautiful card and words. Loved it!

I love elementary school, just for the cute cards and gifts.

Soooo cute, your kids.

Anjeny said...

Amanda...you are most welcome. Glad you love the card and I do too enjoyed our online chat. Hope your day was great yesterday.

Gran...to you too. I'm sorry to say I didn't get your mailing addy in time to send you a Mother's day card but I will be sending you a card this week for just because...hope you were pampered on Mother's Day, you deserve it.

Lisa...am happy you got your card. I picked that one since it's the one you expressed interest in. Yeah, my coupon book has a no fighting and the kids were on their best behavior all day yesterday. That alone makes it the best day ever.

T...hope you did enjoy your day. Hopefully you did follow through and stay in bed, you definitely deserve to lay in bed and have your family serve you. And thanks for the wish.

Val, I am happy for you. Home-made gifts are the best, aren't they. So glad to hear your family made you some awesome gifts too and glad you like the card. It was with such pleasure giving it to you.

Laura...I love Hunter's poem. He's sooo right, no other moms cook like you and I esp. love the part where you eat his food he doesn't like...eheheh, that was totally classic.

Crash...you are soooo welcome. Yes I love elementary school mainly for the very creative artwork they have our kids do for us..

Thanks ladies for all the comment love.