I have so much fun making this card...had a little bit of a challenge trying to coordinate the colors the way I want them. The emboss look of the background paper was done using cuttle bug and then I used a scallop circle tie cut in pink to make that cute pocket. The flower was done using water color crayon. I tried to make this card using different technique and it was really fun.
This is what the outside looks like.
I stamped the Happy Mother's day inside.
This is the card I made at the swap. My friend wanted to show the ladies how to do resist technique and that is done by first stamping the images on glossy paper using Versa Mark then using a brayer, you roll the ink over the Versa Mark image a few times til the paper is covered with the green color. Wipe off any excess ink and it'll bring out the image in white.
Now.....if you are one of my followers and you can see it on my right sidebar if you are and of course I know who you are, the rest of this post is for you. If you are curious and would like to see what the rest of the post is about but you are not on my follower list, then take a short step to my right side bar and put your name on my follower list and then proceed on to the rest of the post....I am not trying to bribe anyone but I just thought I'd like to do something special for my peeps.
So to those special and wonderful people who are following this very humble blog, I want to return your kindness and love by giving you something for this upcoming special occasion. In honor of Mother's Day, I want to send each of you a beautiful home-made card made by yours truly and the ladies in my card swap as a token of my appreciation and love for your time and thoughtfulness in signing on to follow my blog and leaving me comment love. It may be something insignificant to some of you but it means a great deal to me so that's why I am doing this for you.
I will post a slide show of the cards I will be sending you wonderful ladies on my sidebar so you can see what you will be getting. No two people are getting the same card...each one of you will be getting your own. So, go to my profile and email me your mailing address so I can mail each of you your card before Mother's Day. I know, I procrastinate a lot that's why I am just posting about this now...but I am hoping that y'all will respond quickly so you can get your card before Sunday.
Oh yeah, those local followers, you know who you are, I can easily find you so you don't need to email me your address..lol.
Ok...I'll be waiting on your email folks...mahalo!!
God bless!!











9 comments:
I feel so amateur when I see your cards! I would love to learn all those techniques but wouldn't know where to start.
great cards, thanks for participating!
You are really good! Card #1 is so beautiful!
you are a card guru!
we recently disbanded our card/sbook group that made pages and cards together monthly - I'm going to miss getting new ideas - looks like I'll have to haunt Ter's instead :)
(and for the record - I didn't follow JUST for the card... really ;) )
Aww Ter...you're not an amateur at all. I love all your cards. I've been thinking about doing video clips on the techniques of the cards I made or demo at our swap but I'm a bit on the lazy side. And of course, I need to learn how to do the video stuff and getting a recorder, all that stuff...sighs, that'll probably sooooo far in the distant future I might forget I wanted to do it..eheheh.
I'm just grateful to you for doing the challenge, gives me and excuse to show off a little. By the way, you didn't email me your mailing address, I would love to send you a mother's day card.
2busy..thanks for the comment. Since you like the first card, I'll mail it out to you tomorrow.
LOL T...no of course you didn't follow me JUST for the card, I wouldn't dare think that..eheheh.
Yeah, you should check out Ter's weekly challenge, she's awesome. I always look for excuses to play and expand my hobby..lol. Now, email me your mailing addy so I can mail out your card to you, ok?
Those are gorgeous! That's some mad talent you've got there!
And you are so sweet to want to share it with us!
Thanks!
hi:) you are welcome for the award- i didn't make it but i found it! thought it was too cute to pass up! i love your blog!! love all the cards you make too:) keep in touch!!
noelle
WOW! Umm, I always make tacky things, not like this at all. I either lean towards the plane-jane side or I over do it to the point it is an optical strain just to look at. Nice, huh?
Fabulous cards!!!
Yay! send me a card. I'm pretty sure I have your email somewhere ;0)
Post a Comment