My 17 year old daughter, Stephanie, has finally graduated from High School this past Thursday. We are so happy and proud of her for completing this first step in her life and pray and wish her the best in whatever avenue she decides to pursue.The past week has been really hectic making preparation for her graduation and preparing for my MIL's visit. We spent two days making leis and of course trying to squeeze in a little sight seeing and beach going for Nanny. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I was going to teach my mother-in-law how to make candy leis and staying true to my word, that is what I did the first two days she was here.
Here are some of the leis we made. Stephanie wanted to make at least thirty leis for her friends and I wanted every single member of my family plus my MIL and nephew who came with her to have a lei to present to Stephanie after the graduation. Have I mentioned how big of a deal leis are here in Hawaii? Here are some pictures of some of the leis we made...we made candy, ribbon and I made a special lei made out of money just for her.
Most of the candy leis were made by my MIL..the kids call her Nanny. She had a lot of fun making those. That means I must be one awesome teacher..lol.
I had 30 one dollar bills that I folded individually and two 10 dollar bills added. As you can add them up, this is a 50 dollar lei, I was going to fold all 50 one-dollar bills but I got really tired..lol. I love how it turned out and she loves it too.
This lei was made up of her favorite candies and they are bigger bars too, unlike the other candy leis.
Now, here she is...my High School graduate. This was taken just before the graduation. Isn't she adorable?
Oh yeah, we have to make the poster so all our friends can see where she was and come congratulate her. Our poster is very simple compared to the other posters...man, people really go all out for this kind of stuff.
And there they are, the proud parents of the graduate..lol. I have to say that I was very proud of myself because I didn't cry at all...I am such a wuss and I get totally emotional when my kids something I'm very proud of that I cry like a baby but for some reason I didn't cry at all, even though I wanted to. My first baby has gone and grown up on me. So one down and six more to go..lol.
These are just a few of the pictures I can squeeze in here. I'm putting the pictures I have on a slide show at the top so you all can see. Enjoy and hope you all have a great week.
{My son Jonathan will be graduating from Sixth grade this coming Friday and on Sunday, my daughter, Jen is off to her Carnegie Hall/Smithsonian tour so if I'm MIA again, it's only because I will be held at gun-point to be at their peck and call to prepare them for their adventures...LOL.}











7 comments:
What an amazing day! Congratulations on your first graduate. The leis are awesome! Still, nothing beats the smell of a fresh floral lei...
Wow- I love those pics and the leis are out of this world!!! How fun. YOu have a beautiful family. You don't look old enough to have a senior.
my eyes were sweating just reading this, I don't know how you made it through the event without a drip and sniffle.
She is beautiful and your leis are amazing!!!
Congratulations! My son's graduationm is next Monday, but he will miss out on the fun of leis. I just won't tell him and then he won't know any better.
YAY Stephanie! That's a huge accomplishment. And YAY Anjeny for making all those leis. And equally big accomplishment. I love the Lei tradition. It makes every event so much more exciting.
Oh my gosh, I love those candy leis - and the money lei too!!! How fun :)
Congratulations Stephanie!
congratulations! :)
Post a Comment