I have been thinking about what to blog for today and after reading Heidi's topic for her post today, I thought it would be a great topic to post about it here. She has some questions that I find I really would like to address but that would take up all her comment box so what a better place to answer her than here on my own blog.
I just recently started blogging. I first found out about blogging from my friend Swirl and when she first sent me her blog URL, I wasn't really paying that much attention to it. I did not catch on then about what blogging really is, I would get on her blog and read her posts and then get off. But then she started taking mine and my kids' pictures whenever we get together and she'd be like, "I'm so blogging this", I started reading her blog not on a daily basis but two or three times a week. Then I started reading blogs that are on her blog roll and started getting a pretty insight on why people blog and I decided I could probably do it too.
See, both mine and my husband's family live far away from us and I am not that diligent when it comes to keeping in contact with them. Honestly, if my mother-in-law never bother to ask for pictures of the kids, I probably would have never bothered sending her any, that's how lazy I am. So the thought of blogging in order to keep family and friends updated on the happenings of my family's life was very intriguing. And then when I started blogging, I started reading some of the blogs on my friend's roll and even explore the blogasphere and I find that blogging is like a great out for me, for the lack of a better word for it. It's like I've discovered this playground or lounge so to speak, where moms or women from all over get together to find camaraderie and strangers in the same cause can find friendship... and I like it.
I've always said that housekeeping is not my strongest suit and I always feel like there is something seriously wrong with me. I mean even the lousiest housekeeper finds at least one thing that they like about housekeeping and that they find some kinda of satisfaction from like doing laundry or dishes, yet I am still trying to find one small thing that I can actually declare as something that I enjoy doing that resembles housekeeping. That makes me feel like I was wired wrong or something. But as I started blogging and reading different blogs, I find that I am not as alone as I thought or that I am not weird like I thought I am.
There are women out there who are struggling with this like I am and for the first time I feel like I am not alone at all and I feel this closeness to these bloggers. Now whenever I feel like I'm losing control of my life I get online, read some of blogs {there are a lot of blogs I like reading cuz they're fun}, I feel better and get back off again and ready to tackle my life again. There are so many people struggling out there that maybe I was too ignorant of before, yet are dealing with their struggles marvelously that it make me realize how grateful I should be and that my life is not as bad as I thought it was sometimes.
Another reason I give blogging a chance is because I do have thoughts that go through my head everyday. Sometimes these thoughts keep me up at night and even wake me up in the wee hours of the morning...yeah, my baby is not the only one that keeps me up at night or kick me awake in the wee hours of the morning...my thoughts are culprit too...LOL. So I blog to get things off my chest {you can see that through the randomness of the posts}, keep my family and friends updated and entertained a little on our life here, sharing & getting new ideas on my creativity and of course bond with other women out there who have the same common interest.
I don't have a set pattern on my post....I don't post everyday, I post when the mood strikes or I thought it's something worth blogging. I try to read everyone who's on my blogroll but I don't always comment on every posts I read. Sometimes when I see a post on my friend's blogroll that sounds interesting to me, I read that post. I don't usually leave a comment unless I feel comfortable doing so. If I read a blog that I either stumble upon or is on someone else's blogroll for the first time, I don't like leaving comments because I always feel like I was intruding on them. There are certain blogs that I read daily and there are others I read when I am not pressing for time. I have to honestly say that I love reading what people write on their blogs...some are really witty and funny and some are very insightful and helpful and then here are those who are going through really tough times but yet are very couragous enough to share how they are dealing with their life one day at a time. Do I feel pressure to read the posts of others? No, not at all. Like I said, I just like reading what people had to say. Sometimes like my posts, I read according to my mood. If I feel down and in need of cheering up, I read something witty and funny. If I feel like cheering somebody up, I read the blogs of the people who are struggling with something and try to leave either an insightful comment or a witty one to cheer them up.
I think there may be a connection between how many blogs a person reads and the number of comments a person has but quite frankly, I couldn't care less. If I don't get a comment on a post I write a certain day I'm cool with it...I know people read what I write and I don't want to hold that against anyone if they don't comment because even I read posts and not comment on them. After all, blogging is supposed to be fun and helpful to each blogger not meant to be a competition or made into a popularity contest.
So there.....my ramblings for the day!
It's Aloha Friday people so go out there if not in the blogasphere then out there in the real world and give somebody a hug or a kind word. I'll start by sending to all of you who are reading this post right now, whether you're a blogger, a friend, family, stranger, don't matter....here's a big cyper hug for ya but to make it more real here's what you need to do:
You can either stand or sit, no matter.
First, put your right hand over your left shoulder.
Next, cross your left arm over your right arm and put your left hand over your right shoulder.
Now, ready?
squeeze!!!
There ya go, from me to you!!

5 comments:
Squeeze to you too!
Squeeze back, your thoughts echo mine, you have described what blogging is in a very cool way.
Have a great day
Thanks for answering my question and so thoroughly, too! :)
Thanks Ter and Gran.
Heidi, I told you my answers would be long enough to make a post. Thank you for providing the topic for my post today. Don't forget to give yourself a hug from me.
Thanks for the hug! Well said on the blogging. And Amen Sistafriend on the housekeeping! I think I must be missing the gene!! Whenever my kids complain about housework I tell them I hate it too - what a fine example I am!!
Post a Comment